Surface Pro 3 support?
Jul 8, 2015 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wormyrocks

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Has anyone successfully gotten a Surface Pro 3 to recognize a FiiO device? I have the X3ii.

When I set it to DAC mode and plug it in, the screen briefly flashes to the DAC splash screen and then returns to the main menu. The driver software then refuses to install because it doesn't recognize the device plugged in.

I got the same results on Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello wormyrocks,

Two questions,
1. Does any of these computers / tablets recognize the X3 2nd gen when it is set to Storage USB mode? (System settings->USB mode)
2. Are all the aforementioned USB ports (on the Windows 8 / 10 computer) that you plugged the X3 2nd gen into USB 3 ports? Have you tried any USB 2 ports for comparison?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 8
1. Yes, the computer recognizes the FiiO in storage mode.
2. There is only one USB port; I'm pretty sure it's USB3. I have been meaning to try a powered hub next.

thank you! 

edit: attached is a screenshot of the x3's entry in windows device manager (windows 10)

didn't check this panel before i upgraded from windows 8, but i have no reason to believe they would be different

Jul 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 8
You need to disable driver signature enforcement for it to stay detected. From there the driver's should install no problem. To get there hold the shift key when selecting restart, selecting advanced options then start-up options. When it boots next press 7 from your choices and install the driver then.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 8
That fails under both Windows 8 and Windows 10 - I can't even get the driver to begin installing. It insists the device isn't connected. The FiiO is set to DAC mode, but after it is plugged in it goes directly to the homescreen rather than the DAC mode screen.

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #8 of 8
Well perhaps there is something unique to how the USB hub operates on a surface. I have tested USB 3 and 2 with Windows 8 and 10 and got it working on both occasions. Sorry pal I'm out of ideas.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back