SUPRA Headphones - NITRO & HALO
Mar 15, 2014 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tomscy2000

Headphoneus Supremus
The famed Swedish brand from Jenving is taking the plunge into headphones.

Any bold Scandinavians want to take the plunge?

http://www.supraheadphones.se/inear.html
http://www.facebook.com/supraheadphones

I have no idea what the compensation is, or whether it's measured with a 2cc or IEC711.
Looks really smoothed over, though.

It's already on sale in Sweden: http://www.cyberphoto.se/info.php?article=supranitrovit

They're also coming out with some over-ears soon, called HALO:

http://www.supraheadphones.se/overear.html

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 13
And reportedly the OM audio iem is very V shaped, so it seems very different sigs. You just don't see that a housing and cable together very often, so it was instantly recognizable.

May 9, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 13
And reportedly the OM audio iem is very V shaped, so it seems very different sigs. You just don't see that a housing and cable together very often, so it was instantly recognizable.

Doesn't look like it's the same if you compare the specs, the frequency response for OM is 20Hz-20kHz whilst the supra are 16Hz-22kHz, and the supra have a 9mm driver whilst the OM have a 10mm driver.

May 17, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 13
Just thought I'd let you know I've purchased the Nitro's and after letting them burn in (according to how the manual recommends: 4 hours on, 2 hours off, 2 hours on and then 2 hours off and then you're apparently good to go), I can say that they seem pretty good, I might do a quick review after I've put some more hours into listening to them. But based off first impressions, I like them a lot.

Btw, I forgot to mention that for those who haven't read the marketing, all 3 buttons on the controller work with both windows, android and IOS, there's a switch on the back depending on which OS you're using (Android/windows on 1, IOS on 2), which is  a nice bonus since most brands seem to only allow that functionality for IOS.

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 13
  LOL, they have a burn-in guide? Cute.

BTW, nice screen name... very explosive.

Just thought I'd give you an update with my thoughts sofar (I'm comparing to Sennheiser Momentum and Denon AH 560R):
-More base heavy than the Momentum, but still very clear in terms of sound (I listen to mostly EDM using the S3 if that helps)
-Cable noise isn't brilliant, but leagues ahead of the Denon's I used before, but gets very limited once the cable is attached to your collar using the cable clip
-Isolation is limited, slightly better than the Momentum, but worse than the Denon's i.e. you  can hear what's going on around you quite clearly, but once you put music on it won't bother you
-I found they work best when you're on the move, as in tasking the bus or the car, but the cable noise gets annoying if you're walking and not using the clip it comes with
-The earbuds can be annoying to get a good insertion if you have small ears like me, only the smallest version of the earbud works for me, but forn those with midsized ears it comes with 3 good options which they can use based on preference

If you want any more information, just quote me here and I'll be happy to answer

*Edit*
I forgot to mention the build quality, which to me seems amazing, and it will probably take quite a bit to break them

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #9 of 13

Just thought I'd give you an update with my thoughts sofar (I'm comparing to Sennheiser Momentum and Denon AH 560R):
-More base heavy than the Momentum, but still very clear in terms of sound (I listen to mostly EDM using the S3 if that helps)
-Cable noise isn't brilliant, but leagues ahead of the Denon's I used before, but gets very limited once the cable is attached to your collar using the cable clip
-Isolation is limited, slightly better than the Momentum, but worse than the Denon's i.e. you  can hear what's going on around you quite clearly, but once you put music on it won't bother you
-I found they work best when you're on the move, as in tasking the bus or the car, but the cable noise gets annoying if you're walking and not using the clip it comes with
-The earbuds can be annoying to get a good insertion if you have small ears like me, only the smallest version of the earbud works for me, but forn those with midsized ears it comes with 3 good options which they can use based on preference

If you want any more information, just quote me here and I'll be happy to answer

*Edit*
I forgot to mention the build quality, which to me seems amazing, and it will probably take quite a bit to break them

I've been very interested in the Supra Nitro given that my old Klipsch x10i broke due to fragile cables. How would you say they are compared to the x10, if you've ever had the chance to try them out? Also heard that Beyerdynamic MMX102ie would be good contender, but the problem is they don't have volume control which is an absolute must for me. Unfortunately, the Supra Nitro are kind of pricey in Sweden. They retail for about 130 dollars. 

I've really only had Klipsch (S4, S4i, x10i) so how does it compare to them in terms of comfort, earbuds, sound and durability? 

Although I just heard that Sennheiser are about to update their CX line which has been the same for a very long time so I guess I might wait and see what they're like. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 13

I've been very interested in the Supra Nitro given that my old Klipsch x10i broke due to fragile cables. How would you say they are compared to the x10, if you've ever had the chance to try them out? Also heard that Beyerdynamic MMX102ie would be good contender, but the problem is they don't have volume control which is an absolute must for me. Unfortunately, the Supra Nitro are kind of pricey in Sweden. They retail for about 130 dollars. 

I've really only had Klipsch (S4, S4i, x10i) so how does it compare to them in terms of comfort, earbuds, sound and durability? 

Although I just heard that Sennheiser are about to update their CX line which has been the same for a very long time so I guess I might wait and see what they're like. 

I'm afraid I have not been able to try any of the products you mentioned, other than some of the CX line-up (which didn't even come close to the sound quality of the nitro, nor the same feeling of quality), and I did consider the S4, but I decided against them after reading some reviews. In terms of durability, I doubt I would be able to brake them other than if I got a hammer or a pair of scissors, the cables are very thick and durable(and since the cables are flat, it is quite easy to unravel them straight out of your pocket), and the housing is extremly robust. As far as comfort goes, I'd say that it depends on the size of your ears. I have quite small ears, and I have some trouble with getting them in properly, if I am walking I have to readjust them every now and again, as they lose their seal otherwise. I doubt this will be a problem for people who have bigger ears than I do (i.e. unless you always have to use the smallest size option, it won't be a problem), and also once they are in position I have no trouble wearing them for several hours. I bought my Nitro's in Sweden (I am Swedish, but I don't live there anymore),and I think they have a very good price in relation to their sound/material quality.

P.S. They do somewhat emphesize the base in comparison to the rest of the register, so if you are very picky about that then I would advice against them. They still do a great job with the rest of the register though.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 13
Here is a Swedish review of the phone: http://www.ljudochbild.se/test/supra-nitro
Please use Google Translate to translate the page to your language.
Can get this for $112 (10 % discount tonight between 8 pm and 3 am). Hm... 
rolleyes.gif

Here are a few more reviews (haven't read them all but get the impression they're rather V-shaped):
https://www.hembiobutiken.se/nyhetsbrev/nyhetsbrev103.html
http://m3.idg.se/2.1022/1.561461/supra-nitro-in-ear--superlurar-med-brutal-bas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back