Supermini v.10.0
Jan 25, 2003 at 10:48 AM Post #16 of 24
I wonder if the rapid new versions is a new strategy to hold back new orders.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 25, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #18 of 24
Well, I must admit that my Mini (V.1??) seems very old. How's good is the Super Mini 5.0 to the regular Mini? Well, I'm too behind anyway.

Jan 25, 2003 at 2:40 PM Post #19 of 24
mfeldman
HI: you ask if there is anything you can do with V5 that you can't do with V3. I have had all the Versons except V5 but V4 has way better bass than V3. He doubled the size of the caps or something like that from V3 to V4 and it makes a big noticably difference. I whont be getting V5 because it sounds like it is for the etys. But I did get the booster for V4. He has already stated two newer versons. GOSH. crossfeed and the in-line amp, What is an in-line amp and what advantage would that have over what the verson V4 has?

Jan 25, 2003 at 2:49 PM Post #20 of 24
LTUCCI1924,
Are you comparing v. 4.0 to 3.0 or 3.1?

[01/01/03] V3.1. Improved power supply circuit, which contributes to better bass, more details and more spaciousness.

I have been using a v3.0 with a sonica, a sharp MD (with dolbyheadphone) and a PCDP. As long as I dont listen to anything better, it sounds pretty good to me.

Jan 25, 2003 at 2:51 PM Post #21 of 24
The inline amp: from the fixup site

Another tip: does these pictures give you any new idea? How about putting such an amp
into a single-AAA or AA flash to make an inline amp for, say, iPod? That's exactly my next step.

Jan 25, 2003 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 24
My point is, had Xin decided to release say, only V.1, V.3 and V.5, then those who got the V.2 and V.4 would have been stuck with V.1 and V.3 respectively. Now where's the good in that?
confused.gif

It makes sense to consolidate changes when you have some kind of assembly line or established production process where each change in the production incurs significant cost in both time and money. Xin is still in the DIY production stage where you could practically make every single amp different with no added cost. Right?

Single AA? A bit of a stretch don't you think?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 1, 2003 at 9:54 AM Post #23 of 24
What kind of battery time do you usually get with these mini's. Also, the booster, I imagine that cuts back battery time? Has anyone received a mini with the booster yet?

Feb 1, 2003 at 12:46 PM Post #24 of 24
pikawel
HI: I should get the V4 with the booster today if not monday for sure. I had it but sent the V4 and booster back for some fine tunup. The booster will shortin batt life but will double the power and improve the fullness and sound stage of the amp.I think XIN told me that the booster will take about 1/3 less batt life but you don't have to use it all the time it is an option that plugs in or not same as with the 1 9 volt batt. but he said that the AAA will last 5 times longer over the 9 volt batt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back