Supermicro -vs- iBasso T2 Poll
Apr 11, 2007 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
This is for my specific situation...I'm getting my first amp but need some nudging. Here's what you need to know:

I listen to rock, alternative, rap, blues, jazz, reggae, etc..not classical & country.

I have a Sony MDR-V6 & a Koss KSC-75, with the intention of getting either an MS-1 or some kinda Beyers in the near future. Is it possible that iBasso's bass boost could be more enjoyable than the Supermicro?

And I'm considering an iMod or some other kinda rockbox player...i think FLAC & EQ are musts. I doubt I'd use ALAC since I run Ubuntu, just wouldn't make sense. Mmm...Rockbox

Since specs for the T2 haven't been officially released yet. Take what you already know about the T1 and add this information that I received from iBasso's customer rep:

"Frequency Response: 20Hz~200KHz/ -1dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:-106dB
Gain: 3dB/10dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.009%
Maximum Output power:150mV+150mV
Battery Life: 35 Hours
Battery Charge Time: 3 Hours
Enternal Power supply: 5V DC/USB Cable
Recommended Headphone Impedance: 8~300Ω
Case dimension: 2.91L x 1.44W x 0.32H (inch)
74L x 36.5W x 8.1H (mm)
Weight: 30g
The opamp on T2 is a business secret for us. We are not going to tell about it as what Raysamuelsaudio did. What we can tell is its OP+BUF structure, and totally 7 chips inside the amp.

We will make a T2 preorder on our website within this week, please visit our website this weekend."

Now vote & comment away.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 26
I hope they will use a regular volume knob instead of the wheel on the T1. I almost blew my IEM and ears because I took out the amp and accidentally "brushed" the volume wheel.
basshead.gif
I'm using the T1 for my computer rig now in combination with a SoundBlaster SX USB and my HD 650's.

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now vote & comment away.

Well, I was in the same situation, wondering what I should buy and I ended up buying a MicroBox-D and ordering a Supermicro IV.

Here is the idea: this is my first amp and going straight in the major league would be a nonsense. I wouldnt be able to love a Hornet/Thawk or my SuperMicro as I should.

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The opamp on T2 is a business secret for us. We are not going to tell about it as what Raysamuelsaudio did. What we can tell is its OP+BUF structure, and totally 7 chips inside the amp.

no vote as i've heard neither amp but..

when people copy others it's usually the good traits, but in this case....
where's kevin's xray machine?

lol. i kid... i kid...

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 26
I just ordered the Supermicro...

My reasoning skills lead me to believe that if there is a waiting time of 4~5 months for this amp, it's prolly the ****.

Once I can finally get it, iBasso will prolly be releasing the T3 and cutting prices on the T2.

You guys were right...the only way I'll be able to know which one my ears like better is to listen to them! Heck, I might think my headphones are efficient enough as is.

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... how much for the t2?

$110+s/h prolly. It's *supposed* to sound better than the P1...and I'm not sure if I can believe that or not. I'd expect it to sound a little better than the T1, but prolly not $40+ better.

I dunno, I'll reconsider iBasso when I have something to compare it to. That's the only way I'll know.

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #11 of 26
Its nice to see linux users outside of linux forums. I use an iriver h320 w/rockbox with kubuntu and it works great, even without rockbox. The cowon D2 is the hip new player. It has linux/flac support, although it doesnt run rockbox (yet).

Im personally going to wait for the t2 to be released before I make a decision. The worst that could happen is that it drops the price of the t1 and p1. If it is not as powerful as the p1, I will get the p1. If it is better, I will pay the extra $15 for it.

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its nice to see linux users outside of linux forums. I use an iriver h320 w/rockbox with kubuntu and it works great, even without rockbox. The cowon D2 is the hip new player. It has linux/flac support, although it doesnt run rockbox (yet).

I dunno if I'm a fan of using a touchscreen just for a digital audio player -- 'cause I'm certainly not going to watch a movie on something smaller than a 10" screen... just ain't happenin'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
Im personally going to wait for the t2 to be released before I make a decision. The worst that could happen is that it drops the price of the t1 and p1. If it is not as powerful as the p1, I will get the p1. If it is better, I will pay the extra $15 for it.

Good idea...that's my plan, but additionally figured to go ahead & give my [mom's] credit card info to Xin so I could be in line to hear what all the fuss is about. And if I hear that the T2 is better (ya right!), I can certainly still cancel the Supermicro order!

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #14 of 26
I ordered the T1 yesterday. I happened by ebay and it was selling for 73 shipped so I got. Its not worth spending the extra $40 and waiting the extra two weeks to get the T2 IMO. Save the money for a desktop tube amp... someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back