SuperMacro-3 is available with promotion (2XBUF634 for free)
Mar 15, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #106 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
I can't believe Xin put the new idea in reality for another overnight! Yes, the new idea is a four-layers board and now he made it and are ready to ship in three days. He told me this is the last idea he would like to try and then SM's design has been done and won't make any change (in Xin's word).
biggrin.gif
Quote from Xin's:

"I'm doing one last thing: change the 2-layer boards to 4-layer for even better performance, especially cleaner and darker background. The new boards should arrive in 3 days. Again, if you cannot wait, we can ship you a SM-3 right now (2-layer)."

If you give Xin any more ...ideas... I WILL find you... and throw your SM(s) into the microwave!
tongue.gif

since you seem to get to talk to him more than the rest of us, any other news or info?

I "broke down" and ordered a pair of Senn HD600s last night, so I'll have another toy to test with my SuperMacro V*.* when it arrives
600smile.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #107 of 314
When on the move I use Portapro's with the SM but when I use the HD650's it is a different world. You should really enjoy the music with the 600's.

John

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #108 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022
If you give Xin any more ...ideas... I WILL find you... and throw your SM(s) into the microwave!
tongue.gif

since you seem to get to talk to him more than the rest of us, any other news or info?

Actually I don't have anything secret in my pocket
biggrin.gif
All ideas were from Xin, not me, I am a technology idiot and almost all those technical fancy words I learnt were from the communications with him since I got my SM. I am quite sure Xin wants to change the way to operate, otherwise he'll be broken if he wants to have another round of upgrade. In this sense, I will be comfortable to keep SM3 for a much longer time.

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #109 of 314
Quote:

Actually I don't have anything secret in my pocket
biggrin.gif
All ideas were from Xin, not me, I am a technology idiot and almost all those technical fancy words I learnt were from the communications with him since I got my SM. I am quite sure Xin wants to change the way to operate, otherwise he'll be broken if he wants to have another round of upgrade. In this sense, I will be comfortable to keep SM3 for a much longer time.

Well, if he needs another beta tester in the future, I'm up for it
smily_headphones1.gif

I have NO doubt in his skills and I love the fact that he continually wants to improve on his products
smily_headphones1.gif
(but at the moment, I'm just impatient since I don't have one to begin with
600smile.gif
)

PS: I really want to ask him if he'll humor me and CNC: "SUPERMACRO *.*" on the front of my amp
lambda.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #110 of 314
I would have to agree. With the upgrades and the way Xin is doing it, he isn't making much money. If he can/we can, settle on a amp to be happy with in his design philosophy, I am sure the stable atmosphere will be welcome both by us and his pocket book.

John

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #111 of 314
Quote:

I "broke down" and ordered a pair of Senn HD600s last night, so I'll have another toy to test with my SuperMacro V*.* when it arrives
600smile.gif

Hey Darwin022, congrat's on your HD600's! Now you can break them in while you wait for V*.*!!
wink.gif
Seriously, the HD580/600/650's definitely belong in the "'phones that need break-in" category. I broke in my 580's through just using them... took a month for things to open up. I was downright unhappy with them out of the box... of course, that was all over 10 years ago, before I found out about Headfi...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #112 of 314
Quote:

Well, if he needs another beta tester in the future, I'm up for it
smily_headphones1.gif

:

The baby who cries the loudest get the milk
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #113 of 314
Quote:

The baby who cries the loudest get the milk
biggrin.gif

LOL, I'll keep that in mind...

DAMNIT! I want a 3 channel (all opamps socketed)SuperMacro WITH internal DAC (USB or firewire in as well), and 2x soldered buffers.

LOL
Spek: I know, the etys were the same way. I was happy with them, but not THRILLED with them when I first got them, but they grew on/in me and the sound got better and better
smily_headphones1.gif

with any luck the 600s should be here tomorrow and I can start the break in process. Granted, they are refurb, so hopefully break in won't take nearly as long, if at all.

Mar 15, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #114 of 314
So how exactly does one order a super macro v3 with the 4 switches AND op amp sockets. I don't really care about buffer sockets (should I?)

Jeeze, xin is a machine.

Mar 15, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #115 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWIFOSP
So how exactly does one order a super macro v3 with the 4 switches AND op amp sockets. I don't really care about buffer sockets (should I?)

Jeeze, xin is a machine.

opamp sockets are standard, switches are extra.... the $349 version should be exactly what you want

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #116 of 314
Quote:

opamp sockets are standard, switches are extra.... the $349 version should be exactly what you want

Actually this is not correct. You can not have opamp sockets and the 4 switches. IT one or the other. He is the text direct from his order page.

"With these sockets, you can swap opamps and add more buffers (up to 4x) in all three channels. However, caps are limited to 2000uF and you cannot add the 4 feature switches."

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #117 of 314
One can have the four features as long as don't put in the three buffer sockets.

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #118 of 314
Quote:

One can have the four features as long as don't put in the three buffer sockets.

You're right affter reading over at Xin's forum I stand corrected that you can have both the opamp sockets and the 4 switches.

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #119 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghart999
You're right affter reading over at Xin's forum I stand corrected that you can have both the opamp sockets and the 4 switches.

thank you
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry, I've read, re-read, and read it all again to determine exactly what Xin means by his wording...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back