Superlux HD668B vs Sennheiser HD 428 vs JVC HARX700? Mainly used for Metal and Classical music as well as gaming. Thanks.
Jun 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheHistorian

New Head-Fier
Hello. I narrowed down my search of a new pair of headphones to these three. I am upgrading my headphones after breaking my Sennheiser 201S. I will be using it to listen mainly to metal, with some classical music on the side. I also play a ton of games, though I'm not really sure that matters in terms of headphones. I don't know much about headphones, so I'm not really sure how to compare these three. These were just the three I found that were the best reviewed after hours and hours of researching. 

Which should I choose? Why?

Thank you very much.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't know much about headphones either, but I have the Samson SR850 (which is apparently the same as the668B) and the Sennheiser HD428. I thought the 428 was a nice pair of headphones, but the bass is pretty much non-existent (to my ears) and they're way too quiet (to my ears). Other than that, the sound quality is nice.

The Samson SR850. I love these headphones. This isn't a basshead headphone, but I think the bass sounds realistic and comes out when needed. If you're expecting thumping bass like in dubstep, you're going to be disappointed. Classical music sounds awesome imo, haven't tried metal yet though. Never listened to the JVC headphones before. I've also read that the SR850 is nice for gaming headphones. One thing I don't like about these though, the highs can be piercing and there's some sibilance, but I've found that it depends on the recording

Users who are viewing this thread

Back