Superlux HD662F vs HD669 vs HD660
Apr 7, 2020 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

crookie

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm very new to this forum beside lurking and reading reviews. I've read a lot about the above headphones minus the HD660 which are relatively new compared to the other 2 models.
I'm looking for an affordable closed back pair of headphones with good imaging and soundstage, preferably 50mm drivers and wide frequency range. I live in a 3rd world country so DT 770, HD660 or other models are kind of a luxury for me so I've settled for Superlux brand which seems overlooked, an underdog with a lot of strong features.
Ever since I had a pair of Philips headphones back in my highschool days with which I could hear for example in CS 1.6 the enemies footsteps all the way to their spawn, I've never came again upon a pair with such good clarity and positional audio, which is very important to me for playing R6 Siege right now and other online shooters like Insurgency, CSGO, etc.
Back to the superlux subject, of course the drawback would be the build quality (a 'reviewer' said that their build quality is poor compared to the DT770 because the headband and part that holds the cup are metal, but the rest is plastic. and i was amazed by this stupid argument. isn't DT770 built in the same way? metal and plastic? maybe a better quality but still..) anyway and the fact that they have no braided cable could also deter a potential long life.

From what I've read the flattest sound comes from the HD662F with an almost non-existent v-shape, while the HD669 have more bass and distort the treble or something. I haven't heard any comparisons to the HD660 but from the start the 40mm driver is a minus for me, I know it doesn;t impact the quality of sound, but I have a large head and saw they're also rather small probably because of the cups that were made smaller to fit the driver better.

I'm 90% focused on the HD662F, was just hoping someone here would made my choice 100% sure by knowing anything about them and the HD669 regarding soundstage, imaging, more exactly if they have better positional audio. I also listen to flacs so gaming isn't my only focus, but like I said, since my Philips, I've never quite found that pair that resembles what they brought to the table at that time. I could hear and pinpoint everyone's position, I would shoot through walls precisely and all of that.
Thanks for reading!

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 2
While the Superlux HD660 would offer good sound quality, for its price.......but.
It's coiled cable is too stiff and has a strong clamping force on the headphone, along with stiff ear pads.
Powerwise, it's slightly power demanding.
So, I'm thinking the HD662F is the better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back