Superlux HD572
Oct 25, 2011 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ironstar

Head-Fier
I just bought this yesterday and since I do not have a Superlux headphone in my collection and I don't want the bulky HD668B.

It's my first time to write about a headphone impression so please feel free to criticize it.

Selling price here in the Philippines is 800 PHP or converted to 18 USD.

Its a supra-aural headphone and the foam is similar to the Koss UR40 and only available in black. The wire is Y-cord style, thick and 2m long. The strain reliefs are rubber.

As for the comfort, It's very clamped to your ears so I think stretching it for a while will do some good.

I tested it on 3 songs on my Sansa Clip+:

1. Cake - Never, Never Gonna Give You Up - flac format

What I noticed first was the depth. It was the first time I noticed this even when I played this song in my other headphones. The presence of the bass is not that heavy but its ample enough. You can sense the detail on the cymbals and guitars.

2. Claude Debussy - Claire De Lune - flac format

Still the depth is very visible. Transparent in a sense that the plucking sends chills in my spine. The decay between notes is clear.

3. Ill Nino - Ritual - mp3 format

Depth is still noticeable here. You can feel the separation of drums and bongos. Christian's growl here is detailed.

What can I say that its a steal at this price level. Not too much bass but has a good soundstage and detail.

Please feel free to comment. Thanks!

I removed the paper filters to expose the drivers a bit. I'll try to experiment by adding more holes like the kramer mod.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 7
Just got this headphones yesterday for RM50 in Malaysia. 
Well I would say that this is indeed considered a quality headphones from superlux.
The bass is not sufficient for me though its output power/loudness is greater than the HD681 Evo.
The Evo has way better depth and detail, but 572 is still better than the other headphones in this price range in terms of detail.
The bass is tight, punchier than the Evo, but if you are a bass head like me, this would not satisfy you.

P/S: Bought the HD572 and HD681 Evo the same day, and sold it the same night to my friend who appreciates monitoring. Reason is that I realised I'm more into the bass kind of guy.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 7
I bought myself a HD572 and HD572A for my friend.
If anyone intersted I'd say take the HD572A. better clarity and resolution. A cost $3 more I believe

HD572 sounds muddy as heck. when compared to HD572A it's almost night and day difference. 

A series are semi open (?) and the driver are exposed not closed like normal 572. A series also doesn't clamp too much. A also had shorter cable length for portable and the end jack suitable for smartphone with casing.

572 are said to be better isolating but in reality they don't isolate well, in the end I put HD572A pad (4 extras are supplied) to replace 572 pad which gave it better clarity. I believe the driver are same with both. only changes in internal cover and pad selection. 

Just my 2 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back