Superlux HD381 Series - Mini Review & Comparisons
Apr 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #91 of 127
goodday head-fiers! im a newbie here!

Probably gonna buy 1 next week, so what should i choose the 381? 381B? or 381F? i listen to heavy metal and a little rap here, but i like some big bass on my metal ears! so what do u recommend guys? i heard the 381 is the bassy type?

secondly guys which would u prefer?

the SoundMagic ES18, PL11,
the Brainwavz Beta v2
or the renowed Superlux 381/B/F series????

so whats best for the metalheads with some bass?
deadhorse.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #92 of 127
I'd go for the Soundmagic PL11- even if their SQ is not as high as the HD381's. Why? They are more durable and easier to wear.
I have heard all the models from your list, except of SM ES18 and Superlux HD381F.
Still, I like a lot the HD381B.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #94 of 127
381F is good overall. More fun and engaging than 381B.

381B is thinner in that its more distant and laid-back and resolves bass quicker which is what I prefer for metal tracks for those quick double/triple hit attacks

381 is the opposite in that its thicker, closer and slower, to me its nice for simple vocal tracks like smooth jazz, and can get intimate presentation, and although bass is huge but it's sloppy and loose, and becuz the presentation is closed up it would get congested on complicated tracks

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #97 of 127
Quote:
381F is good overall. More fun and engaging than 381B.

381B is thinner in that its more distant and laid-back and resolves bass quicker which is what I prefer for metal tracks for those quick double/triple hit attacks

381 is the opposite in that its thicker, closer and slower, to me its nice for simple vocal tracks like smooth jazz, and can get intimate presentation, and although bass is huge but it's sloppy and loose, and becuz the presentation is closed up it would get congested on complicated tracks

So for the 381 series the which is better the 381B or 381F which would u prefer?
or the 381F is much better eh? coz i listen to different kinds of genres like dubstep or classic but i like more metal.

does the 381F have good bass? 

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #101 of 127
I've had the HD381F for a couple of weeks now and I'm over the moon with them.  Great bang for buck.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #104 of 127
Wow, didn't expect this 4 years old thread to be resurrected 
normal_smile .gif

The only drawback of HD381 is its poor noise isolation.
Beside that, now is quite different than 4 years ago, where we have much more options of very good IEMs under $50.
I haven't tried Nuforce-600 or Sennheiser CX 870, from what I've tried, and I have (I have more than 15 good IEMs sub $50), my current favourite for sub $50 IEM is Narmoo S1.
http://www.narmoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2
http://www.head-fi.org/t/717275/narmoos-new-s1-dual-dynamic-supremus
Coincidentally, while writing this reply, now I'm listening to Narmoo S1 driven from Dragonfly 
normal_smile .gif

Another good candidate would be the Xiaomi Piston 2 or iF edition. But there many fakes. Only buy from their website to be safe.

I also like Steelseries Flux.  Very good tonal balance.
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Flux-Headset-Gaming-Music/dp/B00BHSTXSY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406881976&sr=1-1&keywords=Steelseries+Flux

Hope it helps.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #105 of 127
I went to that shop yesterday and again I tested those earphones only to find out there's Nuforce 650M next to the 600 but no way to test it and I didnt feel buying it since the price is twice the 600. I noticed that the volume on the 600 is just too lou for me, the highs are really high should I say and it's a bit irritating. I went to testing CX 870 and the volume is just tooooo lowwwww. Sorry for the terms I'm using, considering I'm a newbie. There's no way to test the 381 so I ended up going out of the shop with nothing. I'm going to continue using Coloud Pop until I get the perfect hifi earbuds for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back