superlux hd 662
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

lukac

New Head-Fier
Hi. i can not chose between 662, 662B and 662F. i have red some reviews and coments on these but i can not make a choice.
i listten pop, rock, lots of piano music and clasic. which one should i buy? 
Thanks for any advice.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 27
If you search a bit you will find lots of information. That being said I have never found a post where someone owned and compared all three variants. I know the B model has more midbass and the F model has less bass than the other two and is brighter at the top. I have the CAD mh310 which is a repackaged 662 and for the money is very good. They are large so not good for portable use and the comfort is so so but they sound really good especially if equalized.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 27
i wrote that i found some coments and info. mainly about 662F and some about 662B but i dont know what 662 sounds like. and i just dont know which one would be the best choice for me.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #8 of 27
after 30 hours of break-in, the sub-bass seriously opened up, and jeeez are these cans good.
the 662 F are my less expensive cans and they sound better than any of my 15 other cans, except... my Q701 of course.
the sound quality is outstanding (details, neutrality, clarity, bass presence and impact, PRaT), and i'm wondering how the superlux dudes did that?

the bass quantify and quality is near perfect and digs deep but the signature is still very neutral. the upper lows have punch and are clean  without affecting the mids (most so-called neutral cans have relatively weak bass - in quantity - to preserve the mids). and the soundstage is wiiide for closed cans.

buy them, they are no-brainers. similar signature than my (now sold) dt-880-600 but way better sounding (bass and mids).
bottom-line: the 662F are neutral studio headphones + fun allrounders for enjoying music without analyzing it. best of both worlds? i thought that flat and fun were incompatible...
the only problem is the heat and clamping force (velour pads should fix that though?).

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #11 of 27
I've got a HD662 with red accents. I guess that is the regular HD662-noletter version? Anyway, it's pretty sibilant on bright recordings. It's capable of excellent sound reproduction though. I just need to press it down on my ears a little. It doesn't isolate properly and I lose a lot of bass that way. Still, for the money, they're pretty spectacular. They need a little modding to really shine though. They're bulky as well. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:
It doesn't isolate properly and I lose a lot of bass that way.

That's interesting cause my 662 F (flat response version with white accents) has better isolation than both my Beyer DT-150 (pleather pads) and my Senn HD-25 (pleather), which are known for their great isolation.
The 662F's clamping force is a bit too strong though, but since isolation and bass response are related that's maybe the price to pay.

Did you stretch the headband or something? I guess you can easily find replacement pads (avoid velour).

Anyway, bass is great for my tastes but I wonder if they've changed the signature of the new 662 Evo?
Also, will those 662 Evo be available in 3 versions too? Anyone?

if only thay could put their sound in a more portable pair.

The cheap HD-651 is portable and is supposed to be a bass monster (probably a lot less neutral and refined though).

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 27
Hi. i can not chose between 662, 662B and 662F. i have red some reviews and coments on these but i can not make a choice.
i listten pop, rock, lots of piano music and clasic. which one should i buy? 
Thanks for any advice.

Check this 662 line comprehensive and very interesting comparison (in fact, F stands for "front row", my bad):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7985007/Head-Fi/IMG_8339.PNG

Same for all models:
http://www.superlux.com.tw/upload/function.product.info/17f81435-74a5-48b2-af35-202a1d1730b2/resource/ca_headphone_series_web_tw_en.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back