superlux hd 662
Apr 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #16 of 27
How do you guys read this chart?  there's - and + db.  There's the left and the right side of the graph.

http://www.superlux.com.tw/upload/function.product.info/17f81435-74a5-48b2-af35-202a1d1730b2/resource/ca_headphone_series_web_tw_en.pdf

According to the chart, from 100 to 200 hertz, it seems the F have more base than B, which doesn't seem to corobrate with what people are saying.  How are you guys reading the chart for the base?

I've followed the instructions here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578076/how-do-i-read-this-graph-headphones

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 27
662F is closed but has a huge soundstage. Imo, it is similar to my Beyer DT-150's (with pleather pads) soundstage, which is known to be exceptional for a closed hp. 662F has a better soundstage imo than my DT-150 with velour pads (see picture).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7985007/Head-Fi/BeyerDT150%2BSuperlux661-662/DSC00135.JPG

Never heard the 662 or 662B though.
I should receive my 681 EVO next week. I will post some impressions.

from the Superlux site:

681 EVO has a different tuning/signature than the regular 681 (I should receive mine next week...)
quote: "the new HD681 EVO upgraded version has a completely new, more slender shape and an improved smoother, more neutral, treble tone."

662 EVO is supposed to sounds the same as its predecessor, but who knows... Imo, chances are high that a completely new appearance will affect the signature...?
quote: "Inheriting the sound profile of its predecessor while optimizing its appearance, the HD662 EVO meets the expectations of... (blablabla)"
But I don't know when they will be available. Anyone?

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #21 of 27
I've ordered a pair of 831EVO as well.  We'll see how they turn out.  I've also been reading about these Samic's .. anyone tried the Samics in comparison to the 831EVO / 662F ...?  What about base in the Samics.. is it stronger or less than the regular 831's / 831EVO?  I'd prefer less base since I trust all these headphones have base.  I just don't want to get tired of listening to strong base.  

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #23 of 27
  Can anyone expand on the comfort of the 662F? I guess all the 662's are similarly built, so happy to hear from anyone, especially people who wear glasses.

The pleather pads get a bit sweaty over time but the pressure is acceptable. They're no DT880's but I can wear them for 2 hours without trouble. One thing I don't like about the HD662 is that they don't seal perfectly on my ears. If I apply slight pressure on the pads I get a lot more bass. I did an elastic band mod, like the band mod for the ATH-AD700 and this fixes it but slightly increases pressure on my ears. 

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #24 of 27
  The pleather pads get a bit sweaty over time but the pressure is acceptable. They're no DT880's but I can wear them for 2 hours without trouble. One thing I don't like about the HD662 is that they don't seal perfectly on my ears. If I apply slight pressure on the pads I get a lot more bass. I did an elastic band mod, like the band mod for the ATH-AD700 and this fixes it but slightly increases pressure on my ears. 

I bought the HD662s, and resold them a couple of weeks later. I have a slightly smaller than average head, I found the pressure too much even after trying to loosen off the headband, and putting it on a wide object to try to stretch it out. I didn't think much of the sound either, quite harsh.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #25 of 27

I bought the HD662s, and resold them a couple of weeks later. I have a slightly smaller than average head, I found the pressure too much even after trying to loosen off the headband, and putting it on a wide object to try to stretch it out. I didn't think much of the sound either, quite harsh.

I bought mine for $19 and was amazed by the bang for your buck. I didn't expect much but was pretty surprised. Every Superlux headphone has pretty brutal treble, but they respond well to EQ and hard modding. If you mess up, they're cheap and easy to replace. :) Check out Rockgrotto forums for extensive mods. 

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #26 of 27

I bought mine for $19 and was amazed by the bang for your buck. I didn't expect much but was pretty surprised. Every Superlux headphone has pretty brutal treble, but they respond well to EQ and hard modding. If you mess up, they're cheap and easy to replace. :) Check out Rockgrotto forums for extensive mods. 

Wasn't worth the time and bother to me, I just got a second hand pair of A900s, problem solved :)

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #27 of 27
HI folks......

Which do you prefer ?    HD-662 F or HD-662 B ?

it's difficult to find a full review of the B version.

so, if a possessor of the B version could tell me what he thinks about the sound (particularly the highs and medium,treble,soundstage)

and if treble are not too shrill.  THANKS........ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back