Superlux HD-330 experiences and discussion
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 61
Here is indicative graphs for HD-330 and beyerdynamic DT-990 pro. Measured with bad equipment, so not accurate, but shows biggest differences with bass.

Surprisingly DT-770 and DT-990 pro earpads are totally different sounding. They look like same, but material inside is different. So if one thinks HD-330 have too much bass, put DT-990 pads on.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #19 of 61
I think that one speaker is slightly quieter on mine 
angry_face.gif
 Other than that they are a great pair of headphones! Though the stock pads are too small for me, any suggestions which ones to buy? 

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 61
  I think that one speaker is slightly quieter on mine 
angry_face.gif
 Other than that they are a great pair of headphones! Though the stock pads are too small for me, any suggestions which ones to buy? 

Unless you want to EQ, forget 770 velours. I'm pretty confident the (imo nasty) mid suckout is not a fluke in my measurement (yes I did also listen and do other comparo - also Artsis measurement seems to indicate it), also the pads don't feel faulty in any way so..

AKG240 pleathers are much better option. I've been using them for a while and they even start to feel more comfortable than the 770s??

I do still have 990 and 240 velours coming in to try out myself..

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 61
I need some help and advise comparing this to Superlux 668Bs... I would like to know if this is any better in soundstage and positioning in terms of gaming? I'm in the edge of buying either of the two... There are numerous reviews of the 668Bs but very limited information in terms of gaming for the HD330s.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #23 of 61
edit: move info to original post

PS. Listening to Presonus HD7 which I think is Superlux HD681 OEM (but which version?). These sound veeery neutral and airy. Even with little time on head so far, I'm pretty sure I prefer these to HD-330. Even the stock pads are comfy enough.

PS2. Presonus HD7 seems to have some ringing and nastyness around 4-6kHz which is a little bothersome..

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #25 of 61
I just got the HD330 today. 3 hours ago to be specific so I haven't burned them in yet. I don't claim to be super experienced when it comes to audiophile, but these headphones are great for the price. I also got to try out the HD668B and the HD660. They both have alot more clarity than the HD330, but I went with the HD330 since it has a metal band and it's less aggressive sounding than the HD660.

Sound wise, my impression of the HD330 is good. The soundstage is good for cheap cans and it's detailed enough for me. However, these don't give you the feel of the singer/band "being there" even if they are open-back (at least I think they are open-back).

I have no problems with the stock pads and I also have no qualms about the coiled cable. Over-all, a solid 8/10 for me, with price taken into consideration.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #27 of 61
Can anyone tell me whether the HD-330 sounds airy? I already have an HD-660 and am very pleased with it, but I'd like to get a cheap circumaural headphone as well. Would you guys recommend this one in this price range? 

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 61
Yeah it sounds airy. You do need a decent amp to power it though. And a cold source because it is a bit warm. I recommend you remove the foam over the drivers too to reduce the bass.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #29 of 61
  Yeah it sounds airy. You do need a decent amp to power it though. And a cold source because it is a bit warm. I recommend you remove the foam over the drivers too to reduce the bass.

Sorry, I'm pretty much a dilettante in these things, so I'll ask a couple of amateurish questions if you don't mind. :) I have Edifier R1600T Plus speakers with an Asus Xonar DG sound card. What do you think, will these suffice? 

And secondly, remove the foam over the drivers... hmm... where do I do that? :) Is there a description anywhere there on the forum? 

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #30 of 61
Sorry, I'm pretty much a dilettante in these things, so I'll ask a couple of amateurish questions if you don't mind. :) I have Edifier R1600T Plus speakers with an Asus Xonar DG sound card. What do you think, will these suffice? 

And secondly, remove the foam over the drivers... hmm... where do I do that? :) Is there a description anywhere there on the forum? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back