Superlux appreciation/discussion thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wafflezz

100+ Head-Fier
I don't see many threads around here talking by the awesome(IMO) products offered by this company. I also wanted to start this thread to gain some more information on their new stuff, and maybe do some comparisons with other headphones in budgetland and midfi ville.

Anyways: my experience with this brand so far has been awesome. I recently purchased the hd681 evo and I feel like they could be reasonably priced at hundreds of dollars. But the thing is, I'm a noob with audio stuff and I've never heard anything better(only my m50 competes). Does anyone know what these sound like compared to higher end stuff? Do they hold up reasonably well because I am darn impressed.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi!

I have 4 Superluxi in my possession and I like them all. 

They fight well above their price range. I bought all of them at thomann.de and the prices are amazing for what you get.

The only lemon I gave away was the HD 651. That was some ****ty headphone compared to the usual Superlux standard.
I particular like the HD 681, HD668B, HD660 and the HD661 as well. These are just amazing headphones each with its very own signature usually "inspired" by some bestselling sound signatures :wink:

The difference to high price cans is for the beginner hard to hear. Over time, your ears sharpen and you simply hear more. Anyhow. The reason I still have them next to my Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics and Ultrasone speaks for itself. They are just very good headphones, especially for the money.

Cheers,
K

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/546556/superlux-express-train

That's where most of the Superlux discussion is located.

I have a HD669... and yes, the "inspiration" always makes me smile. They compete very well against much more expensive headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back