Super quick question, tell me I am not crazy?
Jan 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

archercat

100+ Head-Fier

I posted this in the Triple.fi appreciation thread, but it got buried quickly.... :frowning2:

Hey Guys, quick question.. maybe you all can confirm I am nuts, or have crazy hearing...  I have had the SE425's and 535's at the same time as the Triple.fi's...  Anyway about 5 pages back there was a freq response graph, showing the triples rolling off in the bass far sooner than the Shure's.  However I swear the triples have more bass quantity and extension, at least to me.  In fact that's why I preferred them to the Shure's. 

So maybe I am just crazy, or I am capable of hearing only hear midbass?  

Thanks for any help or enlightenment...

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:

I posted this in the Triple.fi appreciation thread, but it got buried quickly.... :frowning2:

Hey Guys, quick question.. maybe you all can confirm I am nuts, or have crazy hearing...  I have had the SE425's and 535's at the same time as the Triple.fi's...  Anyway about 5 pages back there was a freq response graph, showing the triples rolling off in the bass far sooner than the Shure's.  However I swear the triples have more bass quantity and extension, at least to me.  In fact that's why I preferred them to the Shure's. 

So maybe I am just crazy, or I am capable of hearing only hear midbass?  

Thanks for any help or enlightenment...

You don't hear sub-bass, you feel it :p  That's number one.  Number two, it could also be that you have a better seal with the TF10s than the Shures (although this is unlikely, it is possible).  See, the seal is actually what will determine how well you hear the actual signature that you're supposed to, a better seal will result in better bass extension.  If you have a better seal with the TF10s than the 535/425s, then your TF10s will sound like htey have more bass extension.

A second thing that also comes into play is that you said you heard more quantity.  This can be a percieved quantity since the TF10s have a really deep V, it may seem that in the perspective of the headphones' sig alone, that they do have more quantity since I'm sure the Shure's have a less recessed midrange in comparison. 

Please note that I have not heard either IEM, this information is solely based on what I've read about the two IEMs (this note is mainly concerning the second paragraph, the first paragraph is universal among all IEMs...  Better seal = more bass).

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
TF10 has a lot of sub bass, and good bass extension/quantity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back