Super mini V4 vs Total Airhead
Apr 17, 2003 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

which would it be?

I've had several Airheads & TA's. I now own a Super-mini (v4). Nuff said. Quote:

Can you tell me why?

The Airheads are dung, IMO. Every other portable hf amp, commercial or DIY, are better all around.

Apr 17, 2003 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
The Airheads are dung, IMO. Every other portable hf amp, commercial or DIY, are better all around.

Well, I'm beginning to agree with you on the Airheads. The Airheads aren't anywhere near enough of an improvement over most of the headphone-outs on portable players (even current-model portable players) to be worth their price. The Total Airhead is *slightly* better than the plain Airhead, but still not worth $199. Why spend so much $$$ on an amp that doesn't provide all that much more volume than most portable players' built-in op-amps without clipping?

Apr 17, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 5
HI: I think you should just forget the Airheads. They don't come close to a super mini amp at half the price. The s/m amp has great bass and clarity and detail and is so small it is unreal. I just sent my s/m in fore the upgrade to version 5.18 and the v5 with booster that put out 9 volts was awesome now with the new upgrade it might or should sound even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back