Super Mini and Mini for 124.99 dollars????
Oct 21, 2002 at 12:26 PM Post #61 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
APPRECIATING HIS MERCY? WHAT A ****ING *******!

I prefer the term "Turd Cutter"

ok,
erix

Oct 21, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #62 of 70
conclusions <??>
confused.gif

1. FixUp has the right, need, desire,whatever...to charge the price he solely determines. market forces will dictate to him the approx. point at which he maximizes his satisfaction: lots of units at cheaper prices...fewer at higher, etc.

2. FixUp "messed up" his communication of his price increases.

the issue is whether #2 was intentional, nefarious (i'm not even sure what that means!), greedy.....or just inadvertant.

after sleeping on it, based on my limited first hand experience with him, and re-reading his posts (here and his site), i believe it is the latter.

he just unintentionally screwed up...from a PR point of view. imo, he could have just posted that due to unexpected demand and less of a learning curve effect, he will not be able to sell these units at the prices he thought. maybe he will take 10 more orders at $80.....then charge a higher price.

i also think the first increase of 60 to 80 was handled correctly: he responded to critisism and improved the components. it also represented a more palatable increase..even though 33%...it was "only 20 bucks"...and most of thought he screwed up with initial price anyhow.

as opposed to what i stated before, i do expect complete satisfaction with my order.

he is a highly talented engineer...and motivated in this field beyond most of us...not a quick buck artist. his English is quirky to begin with, so don't swear at the guy for saying something like he did.

Oct 21, 2002 at 4:57 PM Post #63 of 70
Put it where it is, yo: I ain't with the way the boy's amp look *in*side. All that cheap-ass wire and what-not movin' all up and down the battery like a *****, that one-way-or-another-we-gon'-fit-type logic, look jheri-rigged to me and I ain't with it. Plus it all 'cognito and l'il like a army helmet for some Goodwill donated toy ****. Just look cheap is all. End of discussion.

On'y t'ing is, Mr. Fickup, Sir, I've no doubt you the finest young man the world has ever known. Bottom line, though: I hesitated buyin' not only cuz the price but also cuz a the way it fit to*ge*ther. One thing bout Tangent and Eric343 (and JMT, no doubt, on'y I ain't got a META offa him): Their construction industrial strength. Ain't no internals touchin' no batteries or nothin'. Just hardbody parts and skills keep the buyer confident.

If Eric wanna give you your props, one craftsman to another, that's proper and all. But I'm on the other end this deal and I don't wanna see no stuff rubbin' on other stuff. I don't want it in my sons' room and I don't want it in my amp. That's all I tell you f'now. Even so, I whish you the best.

(Whatever has become of Gregory "Ironman" Tate and the days of phonetically transcribed vernacular music criticism? Heck, do I ever wonder sometimes! Hot toddy, Mr. Fixup?)

Oct 21, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
kelly,

I had planned to PM you but you seem to have turned off that feature of your account. I can guess why.

Wow. I can't believe that my comments offended you so. To me, using this forum to bash an individual without the tolerance of any opposing viewpoints is just as much an abuse of the format as the blatant advertising of which you accuse Fixup. But I guess you just want a place to voice your opinion and have others join you on your little soapbox. Not surprising.

The very word di-scussion, implies more than one viewpoint. This thread is not a discussion, it is a witchhunt. I have no affiliation with Xin at all other than his contributions thru this forum and his own website. And I have no problem di-scussing this issue or any other impartially. Not flame bait at all, just a simple opposing voice. Your welcome.

jpelg
My email address is at the bottom of every single post I have made on Head-Fi. I realize you need an email client rather than a web browser but email clients are not difficult to operate and there are instructions on the web.

Many people in this thread stated opinions contrary to mine and I think many of them made valid points. You didn't. You came in with "bitch and moan" and whatnot with the explicit purpose of flame bait. I view this sort of thing as thread crapping. Participating in a discussion with a contrary view is not the same as condemning the discussion. I believe this thread needed to take place. If you don't, please refrain from participating in it. If you do, and simply disagree with me, express yourself better than you have. Or, ignore everything I suggest altogether and simply expect this sort of treatment from me in return.

regarding the actual thread:
I agree that this basically amounts to bad PR whether he set out to deceive or didn't. I think the way he is protesting the forum yet reading and then updating his web site with condescending posts is also a bad PR move. He's free to hurt his own reputation in this way if he chooses to but if I were in his shoes, I might look at the kind of publicity being generated and consider more carefully. But I'm just a consumer, what do I know.

Oct 21, 2002 at 5:45 PM Post #65 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
...But I'm on the other end this deal and I don't wanna see no stuff rubbin' on other stuff. I don't want it in my sons' room and I don't want it in my amp...

tongue.gif
Dammit!

I just spilled coffee on my shirt!!

ok,
erix

Oct 22, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #66 of 70
LOL! Scrypt, I gotta love how you always come in with a great sense of humor just when threads need it most
biggrin.gif

And Kelly, stop being a troll. OK?

Oct 22, 2002 at 2:57 AM Post #67 of 70
damn this thread has it all: scrypt, kelly bashing, complainin'...

i had to get in before it died.

okay i have more than that to add:

this just brought an idea to mind, when eric mentioned his not being a machine: you meta guru's really ought to go in together a bit more. concensus is that you've got a quality product... you guys think of going in on big(ger) orders of quality parts, maybe one guy perfers casework and another is the master solderer... hey just an idea. i know tangent carries many key parts at fantastic value (i bought them off him) but i don't think the rest of us would mind if you made it a team effort and gave better deals within eachother... well who knows. shipping prices might kill that business structure. maybe you already do
tongue.gif

gotta love it.

Oct 22, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #68 of 70
Bitch. Moan. Bitch, bitch, moan, bitch, moan, moan. If it's going to be that kind of party, I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Jesus Christ. I wish Fixup would come back for one more post just to cuss you guys out. How the **** can you get so worked up over something so inconsequential? People don't get this angry over un-dolphin-safe tuna. What, had all you guys been skrimping those pennies together for months to make the $60 price or what?

And it's even more pathetic that you're ripping on the guy for not having the English eloquence to say exactly what he means. Go build your own ****ing miniturature amps and justify your prices to irate ******** in Mandarin, ****ers.

And don't edit my post.

kerely

Oct 22, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #70 of 70
Quote:

If it's going to be that kind of party, I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

LMAO!!! What album is that from again? The Twins? **** I havn't heard that in too long!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back