Super.Fi 5Pro | Triple.Fi 10Pro Comparison
Feb 12, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nqstv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a ton Spyro and J.D.N. I'm gonna go ahead and get the Triples. I listened to the 5Pros last night for about 4 hours and while I love their sound, I think I'll be happier with the Triples.

Appreciate the feedback!!

Awesome, let us know what you think when you get them!!

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #17 of 37
I have also upgraded from both the ER4P and Shure E500 PTH to the Triple.Fi's and I have to say that I think the Triple.Fi's are a wonderful experience. The description 'more of everything' sums them up perfectly - they really are that good.

I have also used the Olive foamies with the Triple.Fi's and this has made the most profound difference - they offer a much better seal, comfort and consistent sound quality.

I have just had my Shure's replaced due to the cable problem - I intend to sell them unused 'brand new in the box'. As for the Ety's - I'm not sure yet if I am going to keep them or sell them on.

Anyone sat on the fence thinking about getting the Triple.Fi's but are not sure if they are worth it - take my word for it, they're worth every penny.

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #18 of 37
Great note Peddler!

They should be in my hand by tomorrow at 2:00. I'm having them overnighted.

What is this I read about custom cabling for them. Is there a link or some more detail I can read? I haven't seen many posts on it, but I'd like to look into it, just to satisfy my curiousity.

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #20 of 37
Drive both earphones through an amp and a good home cd player and you will really see the difference in the 2 earphones. The Triple.fi is much much better in every aspect. The sf 5 is great though.. I wish I didnt lose them, though... oh well... atleast it wasnt my TF10s.

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #22 of 37
The Triples are better than the Supers. But, they have a lower midrange coloration that takes a day to adjust to, then it isn't a big problem. The Triples fill in that missing midrange of the Supers, that makes vocals more enjoyable and forward/intimate.

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 37
I agree....TFP's took me a while to adjust to versus any other IEM. But once that mental burn in takes place, nothing rivals it (IMHO) but ER4 comes very close.

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #24 of 37
Does anyone know where to get Westone replacement cables in the UK? I've looked around but nothing is coming up.

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #26 of 37
This morning I tired my SF5's with a Ety P->S Adapter, and it sounded really sweet, Much smoother
smily_headphones1.gif

Do try it
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are the Triple.Fis really ER4P with more bass? (please only answer if you actually own both)

Not at all. Still quite different but they both do detail about the best.

Very generally speaking...

TFP: BIG, full sound. Big soundstage. Dry, airy kind of detail. SMOOOOOOTH and controlled.

ER4P: Not nearly as full of a sound but completely balanced and controlled. Faster and more articulate. The bass extends deep and is textured. It's just not BIG. Incredible separation of sounds and instruments.

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not at all. Still quite different but they both do detail about the best.

Very generally speaking...

TFP: BIG, full sound. Big soundstage. Dry, airy kind of detail. SMOOOOOOTH and controlled.

ER4P: Not nearly as full of a sound but completely balanced and controlled. Faster and more articulate. The bass extends deep and is textured. It's just not BIG. Incredible separation of sounds and instruments.

Thanks Spyro. I'm itching for something new and the Triple.Fi looks intriguing. A while back I said I was looking for an IEM like the ER4S above 500Hz and the SE530 below 500Hz. Someone responded that the Triple.Fi were what I was looking for.

Feb 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #29 of 37
Well, I'm back. And I can say without any hesitation that the Triples trump both the 5Pros and to my surprise the ER4Ps quite handlely. It took me a while to get a good fit but once I did, Holy Cow.

The Triples are definitely the most fun sounding, comfortable and tasteful IEM's I've used, aside from my (All hail) ER4S's.

Looks like these Triples are now my permanent portable set while my ER4S's will maintain critical listening in bed at night.

For anyone who's been following along, the Triples absolutely give you more of the best of the 5Pros. The mids and highs are perfect for me, and the bass is very tight and well defined. I really like that the Triples filled in exactly what I thought was missing with the 5Pros as well.

What will be really interesting will be comparing and contrasting the Triples with the ER4S's in the studio. I think the Triples might end up on top in that battle. If only to keep me honest when EQing and mixing the lower ranges.

Pending my upcoming job change, I might actually consider getting molds done for these. I hadn't really thought about it but I think that these will be worth it.

Thank you to everyone for your help. My wallet hates you all!!!!

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #30 of 37
Yes, TFP's are very fun and fullfilling but no question ER4 series are more accurate and articulate. They leave no stone unturned in revealing what's on the recording which is important with music where there is a lot going on. I feel fortunate to be able to own both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back