Super.fi 5 pro Vs UM2
Jul 24, 2007 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Pecker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

There is a simialr thread to this but its for the higher price range (i cant afford that
frown.gif
)

Well i was wanting to know which you would buy with your own money out of the two.

I listen to Rock,Indie and Punk. After looking around i've found that these are the two IEMs to suite my genre tastes.

From an aesthetic point of view the super.fi 5 cherry red wins
rolleyes.gif
but from what i've read the Um2 are the comfier and best SQ overall.

Thanks guys!

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Really it depends on how much you have/want to spend. I was making a choice between the two aswell, and since i had the money i went for the UM2's which im very happy with
smily_headphones1.gif
But everyone seems to love their super.fi 5's so i don't think you could go wrong with either. You could go for the super.fi's and spend what you save on an amp or better source?

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah good idea as i have been fancying the C&C XO to go with my Box+.

Anybody own both by any chance and have an opinion on which is better?

Ty for ur reply GUNS

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 8
The super.fi have a more even frequency response. The UM2 are darker, which can take some getting used to, but they also have a lot more detail and much better texture. I've owned both and prefer the UM2 with Shure soft flex silicone sleeves by a long shot.

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi rhythmicmoose,

would you say that the price difference justifies the price difference?

thanks

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 8
The UE SF 5's are a good value. If you can find any other dual armature earphones with 119 db efficiency for the same price that have their (mostly happy) customer base let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back