Super.fi 5 eb's different size conductors??? are they defective?
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

musik_lover

Head-Fier
ok so i've been burning in my super.fi 5 eb's for the past few days... I was going to try and fit them in my ear so I took off the tips that came with them and tried to put on other tips. I noticed today that one side fits better and the other side has a little bit of the conductor not covered by the tip.

I took off both tips and noticed that the conductors on the left and right earphone are DIFFERENT SIZES!!!! Is there something I need to twist or push or something to make one side longer / shorter or less or more wide?

I did try and put on the foam tips before and then took them off but there is no way when I took the foam tips off they took off some of the conductor they are too strong and I don't believe that is possible.

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I just overlooking something so simple that i should kick myself for? Or do i really have a defective pair?

Please help.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 10
I am not really sure what a 'conductor' is. Are you referring to the nozzles?

um2.jpg

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 10
If the nozzle is indeed different in size, I guess you should return it for a replacement. Any chance of a picture?

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 10
I don't think my EBs have different sized nozzles. Haven't looked closely but I'm pretty sure all the tips I've tried fit the same on both sides.

If you've measured the nozzles and they're definitely imbalanced, you should probably bring it back to the shop you bought it from.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #6 of 10
i do not have a good camera but although the photo is bad, i think the difference in width/length is pretty obvious.

1z177z9.jpg

And also I bought them from a very-well rated guy on ebay hopefully he accepts returns.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #7 of 10
I am only making a guess here, but it seems that it is the inner tube of the foam tip got ripped off and stuck on the nozzle. You should check those foam tip you took off and see if one of them has its inner plastic missing.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 10
Ok I will check that... hopefully i find those little foam tips...

but even if it was "ripped" off, there is no way i can re-attach it is there?

UPDATE: Well i found the old foam tips and sure enough, there was a little piece of plastic inside it. so i just "pushed" the foam tip back on the nozzle and took it off and the piece stayed on... i don't know if that means it's all fixed and will all work fine but i'm guessing after i put on the silicone tips i like it won't come off because of the tight fit. let's hipe or someone owes me $128

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #9 of 10
You can attach the inner tube / stem back with glue, but not super glue. try something like UHU. You'll need to remove the tube out first of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back