super.fi 5 eb and sibilance?
Jan 3, 2010 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thornygravy

100+ Head-Fier
no idea why all of a sudden I've noticed this, considering I've had the phones for 6 months.. but recently I've noticed a great amount of sibilance..

Is there anyway to lessen the sibilance a bit? I was told sibilance can be reduce by using different tips..

I must have been mentally ignoring it or something, because now I feel like it's all i hear. I guess I could EQ it down a bit, but.. meh

I'd also like to know if anyone has experienced sibilance issues with this phone. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 4
ue5 eb definitley does not have sibilance, if anything at has recessed highs, but for a bas forward iem, it shure has much clearer and better highs than the other bass iems which i have tried, if you are getting sibilance it is probably your source,, which is??

try them from a toslink dac, and if u still have this problem, u may have damaged your pair,, which i rate as the most powerful bass and bass punch iem, period!

i would really like a bas punch comparison for the ue5 eb and the custom ue 11

cheer and happy new year

check this out
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...2010-a-464289/

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 4
source: ipod nano 4th gen paired with an ibasso T4..

I let the super.fi 5 ebs burn-in over night to white noise at a higher volume then i usually listen to.

I want to say the vocal sibilance has dissipated a bit.. I've also been pretty sick lately, with some kind of sinus infection, it's possible my clogged up head distorted my hearing a bit.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Well.. I'm all better now and I'm still having a major sibilance problem with the Super.fi 5 eb.

I bought the nuforce ne-6, there was significantly less sibilance but I couldn't get a good seal, so I ended up returning them.

In Target the other day, I was passing by the headphone section and saw the skullcandy titans.. I remember seeing them in the top 10 on headroom and figured I'd give em a shot. To my surprise they aren't half bad. Way less sibilance but I'd say they lack some detail and sound stage.

For the moment these skullcandys will do, but I would like to get something more on the super.fi 5 eb's level in terms of sound quality. I was reading somewhere that if you're having problems with sibilance Atrio M5s are the way to go. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back