super-fi.4!?
Nov 26, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #16 of 98
isn't the vi version made for cellphones? will it lose SQ compared to the other version for the ability to use with cellphones? *edit* funny how I ask for a comparison and someone ends up having all three. Thanks, and nice pics =)

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #18 of 98
I have a question, I just got my UE super fi pro 5, red ones

but my case is silver.. is this a mistake on UE's part? should I be having a red case for my red earphones?

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessipoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question, I just got my UE super fi pro 5, red ones

but my case is silver.. is this a mistake on UE's part? should I be having a red case for my red earphones?

I think the red is for the super.fi 3s, just got a pair of the 3s from Radio Shack and it came with the red case.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by PopArtist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the red is for the super.fi 3s, just got a pair of the 3s from Radio Shack and it came with the red case.

yes, he is correct.
The red one in my picture is SF3, not 5.
Which comes with Red case. (heard 5 Red is coming with silver one)

Clear one is SF5.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #21 of 98
It seems that the super.fi 4 are clearly targeted against the V-MODA Vibe Duo that aloso contain a mic and iPhone controlls.
My question to you mcramen. Do the super.fi 4s only have a mic or are you able to controll (skip songs, change volume) your iPhone. I was originally going for the vibe Duo but might put that on hold for the super. fi 4s but only if they offer a controll mechanism.

thanks

Mono

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #22 of 98
I don't have iPhone, so I couldn't test it on iPhone. (but it has 3.5mm plug so I can plug it in every device with that type of plug).

It has microphone attached to right unit's cable.
And there is Button with MIC sign on it below the where cable split into two for the each unit.
So I think you can control your iPhone to answer / call by pressing this button.
In my picture, the thing with UE logo on it is the mic attached to right side of cable.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #23 of 98
Despite the stainless steel look and the UE cables, somehow it looks kinda cheap to me, like some generic chinese IEMs. Strange, I much prefer the look of the other sf's.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #24 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite the stainless steel look and the UE cables, somehow it looks kinda cheap to me, like some generic chinese IEMs. Strange, I much prefer the look of the other sf's.

thats bad taste for ya
tongue.gif
ive always thought the super fi line was let down by design and looks, i like the departure to the ''generic'' look. its a bit more standard and sensible making it a more attractive buy

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 98
I think they look very cheap compared to the SF5P. I prefer the "geeky" look of the Pros compared to the generic eBay chinese fake earphone of these. The important thing is how they sound though...

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #28 of 98
weird, they seem to be single armature, meaning that those are the super.fi 3 replacements, or are ment to come between the super.fi 3 and the super.fi 5 EB, the weird bit is that the price is about the same or a bit higher then the Super.fi 5 EB,

this would also explain why alot of shops are liquidating the Super.fi 3 at 50 bucks a pop,

alot of people are complaining about the looks, the cheap chinese finish, im going to remind you that the denon C700 has a similar aluminium finish and no one said a word,
plus, theres been so many complains about the shape and fit of the Super.fi and triple.fi series that im amazed that only now its been changed,

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #29 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessipoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to admit though, they are darned sexy. Is that a stainless steel case? I want to touch it!

LOL!
tongue.gif
I'll refrain from commenting on that.

Maybe they should nickname them "Steely Dan" -- google that term and find out what it really means.
smily_headphones1.gif

But it's about time UE changed the look and shape of their products. They need a smaller and more comfortable form factor to compliment their signature sound quality. Notice the beveled chrome edge near the nozzle? Looks just like the E4C. And what better time to release a new product than right before the holidays?

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #30 of 98
lets just hope they can get them to the stores quick enough, black friday has passed and the xmas shopping craze is advancing full steam ahead,

and maybe someone here can post a review, give us a good idea for our xmas shopping,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back