Super.fi 3 vs. EX71?
Oct 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 8
The super fi 3's have better overall sound quality by far and isolate well and have great warranty
tongue.gif
. However they look somewhat weird because they stick out a little out of the side of your head

Please don't by the Sony's i have them and they are probably the worst headphone purchase i ever made
frown.gif
the JVC marshmallows are way better than sonys and they cost $20 but the super fi 3 sound way better than either one of them

The sonys don't isolate and are very muddy and have terrible roll of in the midds

From all I have read about the super fi 3 you will be very happy with it and i think it is worth the extra 10 and as an FYI the super fi's go for a retail price of about $75
tongue.gif

At that price i think its an obvious choice have fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 8
And if you do a little search around the internet, you can find a certain coupon of $10 off a $40 purchase to lower the price even more... But it depends if the Radioshack you go to honors it or not.
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 8
One complaint that I have against the sony ex series canalphones is that the cord doesn't hold up well over time. After close to a year, it will start to break down. of course, I may have just gotten a bad pair, but I am loving the solid build quality of my ue sf5p. I'd go with the superfi 3 if they have the same build quality as the sf5p.

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 8
I have both,and i wondered the same thing,so i bought both. The super.fi3 is better.
I do like the EX71 also, but the superfi.3 is better...fuller,more open and better separation and a slight better sound stage too,for an IEM,compared to the sony,and at RadioShacks sale price,a great buy.

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vergency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you do a little search around the internet, you can find a certain coupon of $10 off a $40 purchase to lower the price even more... But it depends if the Radioshack you go to honors it or not.
wink.gif

Any idea what I can search for?

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 8
I would go with super.fi 3. I have EX-71 from a long time ago and I put them up against my girlfriend's super.fi 3. The super.fi has smoother sound and the build quality, especially of the cables, seems much much sturdier. My EX71 cable started to fray after only a few months of use. I find that the EX71 also has way too much treble presence.

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RMPNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea what I can search for?

Search for the super.fi in the headphone FS forum - someone posted it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back