Super.fi 3 vs. ER6i
Mar 24, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try both silicone and the foam sleeves, is there anyone else who carries the Olives for cheaper than Shure?

$20 is a pretty steep pricepoint for foam sleeves.

discountheadphones.com has them for cheaper, and ships anywhere in the world for free which is good. They REALLY improve the ER6i's. Like insanely.

With stock tips, while the stock foams did sound a bit better than the stock tri-flanges, the ER6i's sound a bit 'thin' and weak. The shure black olives improve it greatly, making it more full bodied, and also add quite a large amount of soundstage. The comfort is also WAY better and they last longer.

Mar 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 21
How does the Audio Technica ATH-CK7 shape up next to the ER6i and the SuperFi3?

Mar 24, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Audio Technica ATH-CK7 shape up next to the ER6i and the SuperFi3?

The AT CK7s are supposedly more bass heavy than the Ety ER6, but the bass is similarly tight and detailed. The highs on the CK7s are also said to be on par or even better than on the ER6. Compared to super.fi 3s therefore, I would say that AT CK7 should be a much better value - more comfortable fit due to shallower design, tighter, possibly deeper bass, definitely more detailed, sparkling highs, and imaging and soundstage should also be a cut above the UEs since CK7 is a dynamic earphone and all dynamic headphones that I tried have better soundstaging than most entry-level balanced armatures. Hope this helps.

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review, I thought that I would have to pay extra for a pair of foamies right when I got the ER6i's, having some in the box is pretty cool.

I see that you have a Cmoy for your SR60's, where does it make a difference in sq when compared to non amplified listening?

Well since the cMoy I have was burned in before I got it, and my Grado's had about 100-150 hours on it by then, IMO it tightens the bass up a little bit, but the real change is when I hit the bass boost. It doesn't give it distortion, but rather deeper, warmer, smoother, more impactful bass, that always keeps me listening to them. Oh, and I'm pretty sure w/o bass boost, it tames the "brightness" of it, which never bothered me anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back