super.fi 3 accessory?
Jan 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gil_K

New Head-Fier
I jest order the UE super.fi 3 and I saw that there is two difrend bundle thet came with the earphone,
1. with hard case and Sound level attenuator.
2. with soft case and withaut Sound level attenuator.

there is any difrent between the version?

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 13
mine came with a hard metalic case...pair of foamies, a pair of S,M, and L single flange tips and a pair of double flange tips...and a sound attenuator

Jan 20, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 13
i've never seen one with a soft pouch...could you post link so we can see?

Jan 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 13
superfi5xa2.jpg

it is the super.fi 5 pro but you can see the black soft case.
the super,fi 3 came only with the soft one.

the ebay seller say:
Package Contents:
* Super.fi 3 Studio Earphone
* 46'' Cable
* User Guide
* Cleaning Tool
* Cable Adjustor
* Gold Plated 1/8'' Input Plug
* Stylish Soft Leather Travel Case
* 2 year Warranty Card
* Universal Fit Kit:
* 6 x Single Flange Silicone (2 Small, 2 Medium, 2 Large)
* 2 x Dual Flange Silicone & 1 x Foam Set Of Eartips

Jan 20, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 13
I think the older model sf3's came teh soft pouches...and I thought so did the red versions, but I may be wrong, but I do remember that soft pouch...maybe they're just throwing it in there.

Jan 21, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 13
I just bought some Super.fi 3s from Radio shack on sale. Impulse buys FTW.

They came with a hard case (red) 3 sizes of normal tips, one size foam tips, one size dual flange tips, cleaning tool, dual plug adapter.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 13
My 5 Pros came with all that stuff, including the soft case. The soft case gets absolutely no use though, since it's too small to allow the earpieces to fit without bending the memory wire out of its set shape.

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Like I said I could be completely wrong about it being an old model, but the old models looked the exact same, they just had a problem with the cord, and even problems with the casing, but I've had my super.fi 3's now for about 6 months.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 13
whan I will hav the earphone, hwo can I know if I hav the old or new model?

BTW I saw ebay seller thet says thet the new modle cama with the clear cabel and the old cam with an colored cabel..

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #13 of 13
I had both. The first version had the thin cord and leather case. New version thicker cable and metal case. There were some in between that had the new cable and both cases included as they seemed to want to phase out the leather case and were throwing them in.

Many say the old thin cord version was thinner sounding and had even less bass than the second. FWIR, there may have been something to that but memory isn't so reliable espec. since the second 3 Studio came after the new version and both the 5 Pro and Triple.fi 10 came and went and I only had a PK2 and ER4S. I did like the lighter cable better for comfort although it would tangle something fierce if you didn't draw them together.

Other than a thin cord/leather case I believe no attenuator is included. So an old version is really easy to spot. I would think that all the first version are long gone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back