Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition (NOT v.2) - any impressions out there?
May 7, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #46 of 76

Quote:
Not very encouraging to see two head-fiers with such issues, esp. considering the UK seller has sold only about 20 pairs of these. I got my fingers crossed!

Wish you luck mate :wink: Hope you get flawless ones :) Please, write your experience after a few hours listening as soon as you get phones :) I am interested if any more people will have the same problem

May 7, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #47 of 76
hope yours are fine. I guess it might just be a QC issue rather than design flaw, at leats that is what I hope since I actually liked the sound when they worked.

In other answer yeah the v1 is much leaner on bass and somewhat brighter and has tad more detail but not burned in to see how dramatic if even noticable the difference in detail would be after 150 to 200. I my pair of v1's from the same seller (only uk one there is) a few days after I got my impressives since I had to return them and needed iem in the mean time and thought having both would be no loss since I like the difference in sound sig and having 2nd set of decent iems for kids or bro to use whilst I'm using the others would be handy.

May 7, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #48 of 76

Quote:
Wish you luck mate :wink: Hope you get flawless ones :) Please, write your experience after a few hours listening as soon as you get phones :) I am interested if any more people will have the same problem

Will do so! I am still waiting on these to arrive and I must say that the anxiety is killing me. Seeing the world without a soundtrack to accompany it is quite the revelation, hearing birds chirp and cars swirling past you is all fine by me, but too be honest I prefer my own beats too accompany them :)

Quote:
hope yours are fine. I guess it might just be a QC issue rather than design flaw, at leats that is what I hope since I actually liked the sound when they worked.

In other answer yeah the v1 is much leaner on bass and somewhat brighter and has tad more detail but not burned in to see how dramatic if even noticable the difference in detail would be after 150 to 200. I my pair of v1's from the same seller (only uk one there is) a few days after I got my impressives since I had to return them and needed iem in the mean time and thought having both would be no loss since I like the difference in sound sig and having 2nd set of decent iems for kids or bro to use whilst I'm using the others would be handy.

I hope you are right about the QC issues, I guess only time will tell for me :D

May 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #49 of 76
Well it took over of eight working days for them to arrive but I finally received my X-IE in the mail today! I will admit that waiting for these was a bitterly frustrating experience, but all my annoyances and irritations were washed away when I read the following stamped onto the box in red ink: "Missent to Canada Post. Toronto Exchange Office". Lol. Instead of the UK - the Netherlands my post took a round trip to Canada. I guess Southpark got it right first on whom to blame :wink:

Anyway, to answer your question Egioras, these seem like a flawless pair! I must admit you had me in quite some tension and I am glad that thus far they reveal none of the problems you mentioned.

As for the sound, I wont go into any details here since Joker and ClieOS (and Mark?) are all writing up reviews on these (or have done so already) but I will add some impressions that I think need to be stressed. First of all, the BASS is hugely satisfying on these. One of the areas I felt these might displease me in was the bass department but I must say that it delivers! I listen to a lot of electronic music and trust me, they do not lack any bass punch to enjoy that type of music! Second, they have a very agreeable sound and whereas I don't think they will blow you away in any department per se I do think these are a very safe purchase, the chances they will disappoint you are extremely low, for me they get it all right, but they dont suprise me in any way either. Good or bad, I don't know really. It's hard to complain when they sound this good. It's just that I have'nt jumped out of my seat or anything by them either. 

Once again, I wont go into any details since I think the big boys on this forum will cover these well. One point about the construction of these I want to mention is that Joker was right about the visibility of the L/R markings. At first I didn't think it would be that bad, but really, the two sides are nearly indistinguishable and require you to pay attention to the hardly visible markings. A white on black marking would have been nice here. Other than that these are built well. Hope to enjoy these more as they get burned in!

Joker reviewed them here!

May 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #50 of 76

Quote:
. First of all, the BASS is hugely satisfying on these. One of the areas I felt these might displease me in was the bass department but I must say that it delivers! I listen to a lot of electronic music and trust me, they do not lack any bass punch to enjoy that type of music!

I thought bass impact would not be strong enough for you, glad you enjoy it.
smile.gif

It seems mine passed the QC quite well, I have no problem with them at all.

May 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #51 of 76

Quote:
Anyway, to answer your question Egioras, these seem like a flawless pair! I must admit you had me in quite some tension and I am glad that thus far they reveal none of the problems you mentioned.

Glad you got good ones :) My problem, hasn't been solved yet, though the seller said he got the item on last Saturday (7th of May). He said he cannot find the problem and asked if I could explain what happens in more details. I did, but I haven't heard anything from the seller since then. I am on a little tension as I am not sure what seller is doing about this matter... Quite disappointed for not being informed about the status of my product.

If will not hear anything until Saturday, I am going to contact directly to Sunrise

One question LooptroopRocker:

Why did you order phones from the Netherlands when you could buy from the UK distributor? And How much did you pay in total? Cheers :wink:

May 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #52 of 76
Quote:
I thought bass impact would not be strong enough for you, glad you enjoy it.
smile.gif

It seems mine passed the QC quite well, I have no problem with them at all.

Oh it is more than enough for me! Seriously, either I am too bass light but people who prefer more bass than this can not really be hearing much of the audio spectrum besides the low end. Too give an example of what I consider to be a song with what I call 'bass punch' and a track which these IEMs can reproduce without any problems is this.

Quote:

Glad you got good ones :) My problem, hasn't been solved yet, though the seller said he got the item on last Saturday (7th of May). He said he cannot find the problem and asked if I could explain what happens in more details. I did, but I haven't heard anything from the seller since then. I am on a little tension as I am not sure what seller is doing about this matter... Quite disappointed for not being informed about the status of my product.

If will not hear anything until Saturday, I am going to contact directly to Sunrise

One question LooptroopRocker:

Why did you order phones from the Netherlands when you could buy from the UK distributor? And How much did you pay in total? Cheers :wink:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the distributor. These kind of things are really annoying and I only know how terrible it feels to wait for your gear. Do you have back-up IEM/headphones?

I did'nt order these from the Netherlands, the only distributor Sunrise gave me was the UK seller (though I found them on zococity as well). In the end I paid 59.99GBP (69 euros).

May 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #53 of 76
One important detail I want to mention about these IEMs is the microphonics. If you wear them down the microphonics becomes unbearable, keep that in mind if you are considering them!

May 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #54 of 76

Sorry, I saw that you mentioned the Netherlands, that's why I thought you bought it from there :)

Anyway, the distributor did not write my anything until I emailed to the official Sunrise support team. The problem was solved within a few hours :) They are sending me a replacement. Hope those ones will not be flawed. Anyway, do you use clip provided with the IEMs? It should minimize the microphonics :)

Quote:
 Instead of the UK - the Netherlands my post took a round trip to Canada. I guess Southpark got it right first on whom to blame :wink:

May 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #55 of 76
Well its good to know that going to Sunrise gets things done there!

I don't use the shirt clip but found microphonics to be less of an issue when I wear the cord under my t-shirt or sweater, would a shirt clip improve on that you think? I'd rather not use it for aesthetic reasons too be honest :p

May 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #57 of 76
Something tells me it's just the pressure in your ear giving you the problem.  If you push the earphone in and out of your ear do you hear a click?  It could be some driver flex going on.

May 19, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #58 of 76
It could be. Because, I gave them to my friend to listen for a while. After 30minutes listening he didn't feel any problems... I feel stupid now. But how do I fix this problem anyway? I cannot just enlarge my ear canal?

and what about driver flex?

May 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #59 of 76

Quote:
It could be. Because, I gave them to my friend to listen for a while. After 30minutes listening he didn't feel any problems... I feel stupid now. But how do I fix this problem anyway? I cannot just enlarge my ear canal?

and what about driver flex?

Can you please tell us which source did you use, and did you hear at extreme high volume? It is really strange that your friend does not have problem with the same product. We do want to support every consumers for our company's mission is that, so please do not say bad thing even when you are angry. We are staying here to help you, please do not worry.

May 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #60 of 76

Quote:
Can you please tell us which source did you use, and did you hear at extreme high volume? It is really strange that your friend does not have problem with the same product. We do want to support every consumers for our company's mission is that, so please do not say bad thing even when you are angry. We are staying here to help you, please do not worry.

Sorry for saying bad things about your product and company, but I think if you represent a company you should know everything about the products they make.I mean, any kind of problem a user can have and the seller pretended like it was the first time he heard about this problem. It is not true, because I know other person who has the same problem and bought the item from the same seller.

I made some research about driver flex problem, which is probably my case? I am not sure how to fix this thing, because I really enjoy the sound coming from Sunrise Xcape.

Any advice you have for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back