Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition (NOT v.2) - any impressions out there?
Apr 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 76
Well done mate! Looking forward to your impressions.

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 76
Just got my pair of these i must say they are not bad at all, very good soundstage, initially when i listened to them the bass was very lean and after about 2 hours burn in the bass has revealed itself its not boomy but controlled ..But the soundstage i like very much,burning in further to see what more it reveals..

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 76
ah the anticipation for these to arrive at my doorstep has increased! not that bad at all eh? do elaborate mate!

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 76
I'm just curious about your impression about soundstage. The seller say 3D soundstage and you say very good soundstage. Could you describe in more detail? Many thanks.
Quote:
Just got my pair of these i must say they are not bad at all, very good soundstage, initially when i listened to them the bass was very lean and after about 2 hours burn in the bass has revealed itself its not boomy but controlled ..But the soundstage i like very much,burning in further to see what more it reveals..

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #20 of 76
8 hours burn in still a long way to go...like i said in my previous post the first thing i noticed was the soundstage its like i can place where the instruments are very immersive, music keeps bouncing around my ears as if i am in a concert lol..  vocals are quite forward as well , as i said earlier there is bass but not overwhelming its there but not instrusive...i am not an expert reviewer just writing what i hear!!
    There is no indication on the packaging that this is the impressive edition the build quality is ok the plug could have been better I prefer a L shaped plug.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #21 of 76
Should'nt there be something in the warranty card about what version this is?

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #22 of 76

Quote:
Should'nt there be something in the warranty card about what version this is?

There is nothing at all to verify if this is the impressive edition i need some sort of warranty card or verification stating what these are going to send them an email ...it does sound nice though?

May 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 76
About 10 days ago the director of Sunrise sent me a link via Yahoo Messenger telling they had recently come up with a new version of Xcape - the Impressive Edition:

http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=1891711

As an owner of the Sunrise Xcape v1 and a Vietnamese citizen I was really excited to purchase them due to the lack of recognition in the domestic market the Sunrise brand has.

I currently reside in Vietnam so fortunately getting a pair was less hassle for me than normal, though I can only feel confident now to give my impressions after over 100 hours burn-in.

Price was 1.600.000 VND = less than $75 at the time I bought them (which was the day after), though it was an introductory offer only and subject to change in the near future according to the CEO.

The packaging was the same cube shape paper box used in the original Xcape, inside there were the earphones, eartips, a shirt clip and a pouch (which is identical to other pouches of other Chinese earphone brands except the logo in the middle)

Apart from the same outer look, build quality could be clearly seen at another level compared to the original Xcape, the changes they have made include an upgraded 6 cores - TFC cable, 3 ways active soldering plug.

Initially the sound was thin and somehow muddy, however, as far as I could recall the original Xcape took me over 100 hours to fully burn in and the director also recommended me 200 hours for the IE version so I let them burned for 100 hours before listening to them again.

be back in a minute for sound quality...

May 3, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #27 of 76
Unfortunately mine have yet to arrive :frowning2:

BUT I am looking forward to your assesment of the sound quality!

May 3, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #28 of 76

may be because of the royal wedding that cause the delay if you ship from UK ebay dealer
confused.gif

Quote:
Unfortunately mine have yet to arrive :frowning2:

BUT I am looking forward to your assesment of the sound quality!

May 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #29 of 76
Sadly, you might be right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back