:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Jul 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #256 of 441
  Hear the new Woo Audio WA5-LE with @MrSpeaker  ETHER and @Hifiman  HE-1000 headphones at this meet.

Jack Wu will also be on hand to answer questions.

Photo: prototype of new WA5-LE:

Can you share any details here on the WA5-LE prototype?

Jul 5, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #257 of 441

This should be interesting.

Seriously though, I added your TIDAL demo playlist (in your signature) to my TIDAL playlists, and will listen tomorrow.  Thank you for sharing your playlist to the world!  
beerchug.gif
 (Flax milk in my glass)

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #258 of 441

New to WA5-LE are the following:
  1. High power 1/4” x 1 and 4-Pin XLR x 1 headphone outputs (up to 8watts)
  1. User selectable High Power or Low Power output via front panel switches

1. User selectable High or Low impedance via front panel switches
  1. User selectable High or Low output LEVEL via front panel switches
  1. XLR input x 1

These changes will benefit a wide variety of modern high-end headphones such as @MrSpeaker ETHER, @Hifiman HE-1000 and others coming to market.

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #259 of 441
To clarify, the above is not a prototype. The revision has been completed which to replace the old version. We have started to build the new version.

I will bring the latest WA8 prototype (battery powered tube DAC/amp). We have been working on a long list of enhancements and tweaks getting closer to production.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #261 of 441

New to WA5-LE are the following:
  1. High power 1/4” x 1 and 4-Pin XLR x 1 headphone outputs (up to 8watts)
  1. User selectable High Power or Low Power output via front panel switches

1. User selectable High or Low impedance via front panel switches
  1. User selectable High or Low output LEVEL via front panel switches
  1. XLR input x 1

These changes will benefit a wide variety of modern high-end headphones such as @MrSpeaker ETHER, @Hifiman HE-1000 and others coming to market.

This is very good news indeed. Just a couple of questions... 1) Will the updated WA5-LE version be made available at the same price as the current model? 2) Can existing WA5-LEs be updated to the latest version? If yes, would this be a free upgrade for original WA5-LE owners?

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #262 of 441
Several thread pages ago, I mentioned that I won't be able to attend the main event, but I registered (with a friend) to join the pre-party with you all! Can't wait!

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #263 of 441
OK, sounds good, sign me up as probable.

FOR SALE: I'll bring a set of classic AKG K340s for sale. I have too many phones that I am not using (but I do use my second pair of 340s).

QRV-07 HEAPHONE AMP KIT: I'd also like to bring an almost-assembled headphone amp kit that I bought 5 years ago: the Sjostrom Audio QRV-07. I'd love to compare it with other equipment at the meet. I paid to have the board populated by a circuit board assembly house in Mountain View, so that's done. But most of the wire leads to the pot, on-off switch and so forth need to be connected and soldered up. I never should have taken this on myself as my skills do not lie in this arena.

I got some helpful final assembly instructions at a former Head-fi meet (which I'll bring) but still never got around to digging in and finishing. I'm skeered I might fry a chip or wire the pot wrong or whatever. Would it be permissible to bring a soldering iron, solder, and wires plus parts so somebody who understands these contraptions could get it working on the spot? I just keep getting pulled off on too many other projects that are more pressing and where I have the necessary expertise.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #264 of 441
Looks like I'm going to be able to go to the meet! Is Pendulumic coming this year?Excited to see Audeze again! Do I need to register online? I'll do that once my day off is confirmed. :D. I can't believe I got the day off

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #265 of 441
  OK, sounds good, sign me up as probable.

FOR SALE: I'll bring a set of classic AKG K340s for sale. I have too many phones that I am not using (but I do use my second pair of 340s).

QRV-07 HEAPHONE AMP KIT: I'd also like to bring an almost-assembled headphone amp kit that I bought 5 years ago: the Sjostrom Audio QRV-07. I'd love to compare it with other equipment at the meet. I paid to have the board populated by a circuit board assembly house in Mountain View, so that's done. But most of the wire leads to the pot, on-off switch and so forth need to be connected and soldered up. I never should have taken this on myself as my skills do not lie in this arena.

I got some helpful final assembly instructions at a former Head-fi meet (which I'll bring) but still never got around to digging in and finishing. I'm skeered I might fry a chip or wire the pot wrong or whatever. Would it be permissible to bring a soldering iron, solder, and wires plus parts so somebody who understands these contraptions could get it working on the spot? I just keep getting pulled off on too many other projects that are more pressing and where I have the necessary expertise.

Sounds good, I will assign you a half table.

Looks like I'm going to be able to go to the meet! Is Pendulumic coming this year?Excited to see Audeze again! Do I need to register online? I'll do that once my day off is confirmed.
biggrin.gif
. I can't believe I got the day off

Yes, you can either register online or at the door (with a surcharge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back