:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #661 of 1,119
Major cold front coming through next weekend. No more 80 on Friday, looks like it will be 72-74 that day with Sat and Sun being high 60's to low 70's. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #662 of 1,119
Some helpful information to first time attendees to the So Cal CanJam from another first-timer:

I live fairly close to Costa Mesa and am quite familiar with the area. The Westin Hotel at South Coast Plaza is a very nice upscale hotel and should be a great place to hold a CanJam. As of today, they still have rooms available but they are rather pricey ($240+). There are other more inexpensive hotels and motels fairly close by but if you plan on staying overnight, I suggest you make your reservations right away as weekend accommodation availability in the area can be rather iffy.

If you are driving to CanJam, free parking is available at the South Coast Plaza parking lot, which is connected to the Westin Hotel by a footbridge across Bristol Street. Park close to that bridge and walk across it to the hotel, which will be on your right. South Coast Plaza contains many fine restaurants. I would not recommend you leave your car in the lot overnight, however, as the shopping center may tow away vehicles left there after business hours.

If you are a newb, I'm sure you will be dazzled by the sheer size of this event. I'm probably the newest newb of all - I just joined two weeks ago. I will be there both days and will be working at the registration table Sunday morning from 9 - 1. If you are also new to this and want someone with whom to navigate uncharted waters, look me up either day. I'm really looking forward to this show and making new friends.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #663 of 1,119
  Major cold front coming through next weekend. No more 80 on Friday, looks like it will be 72-74 that day with Sat and Sun being high 60's to low 70's. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Low 70s is far more agreeable than anything in the 80s. That'll make the walk across the bridge to the restaurants more comfortable. A nice soft breeze won't go unwanted too.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #664 of 1,119

If you are driving to CanJam, free parking is available at the South Coast Plaza parking lot, which is connected to the Westin Hotel by a footbridge across Bristol Street. Park close to that bridge and walk across it to the hotel, which will be on your right.

Yup!! Did this the 2 years I went  :)    I actually parked near Anton and walked across... The hotel is then on your left.

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #667 of 1,119
  Some helpful information to first time attendees to the So Cal CanJam from another first-timer:

I live fairly close to Costa Mesa and am quite familiar with the area. The Westin Hotel at South Coast Plaza is a very nice upscale hotel and should be a great place to hold a CanJam. As of today, they still have rooms available but they are rather pricey ($240+). There are other more inexpensive hotels and motels fairly close by but if you plan on staying overnight, I suggest you make your reservations right away as weekend accommodation availability in the area can be rather iffy.

If you are driving to CanJam, free parking is available at the South Coast Plaza parking lot, which is connected to the Westin Hotel by a footbridge across Bristol Street. Park close to that bridge and walk across it to the hotel, which will be on your right. South Coast Plaza contains many fine restaurants. I would not recommend you leave your car in the lot overnight, however, as the shopping center may tow away vehicles left there after business hours.

If you are a newb, I'm sure you will be dazzled by the sheer size of this event. I'm probably the newest newb of all - I just joined two weeks ago. I will be there both days and will be working at the registration table Sunday morning from 9 - 1. If you are also new to this and want someone with whom to navigate uncharted waters, look me up either day. I'm really looking forward to this show and making new friends.

Thanks for the info, I wonder if it is too late to sign up for Canjam.

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #668 of 1,119
Mar 12, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #669 of 1,119
Just FYI, the italian restaurant in the parking lot of the South Coast Plaza, not sure of name but I think it's something like Manzianos, is excellent and very reasonably priced. If you like Italian food, I highly recommend it. Better be hungry! Every time I am anywhere near it, I have a meal there.

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #671 of 1,119
Just FYI, the italian restaurant in the parking lot of the South Coast Plaza, not sure of name but I think it's something like Manzianos, is excellent and very reasonably priced. If you like Italian food, I highly recommend it. Better be hungry! Every time I am anywhere near it, I have a meal there.

It's Maggiano's and they make very good food. Menu is here:

http://locations.maggianos.com/california/costa-mesa/92626/3333-bristol-st-/main-menu/

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #673 of 1,119
Yeap Maggiano's decent for chain. There's part of the menu that that they give you a same portion to take home. There's lots of good food inside Crystal court with famous chef designed menus that change. It's by the Macys Home Store in Crystal Court. Also there's that dumpling place where teh McDonalds used to be... Din Tai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back