Sunrise AS-Charm & AS-Feeling: An earbud hater’s take
Nov 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
comparison of as-charm soundstage vs ck10 pls..
i'd like to know how 3D or immersive it is. thanks.

It's difficult to compare an earbud to IEMs but in general I'd say that the CK10 is like a finely tuned precision instrument - it tells you where and how far away everything is without any room for guesswork. The Charm has pretty good depth and gives you a good idea of the plane in space where something is located but beyond that it's hit or miss. I'd say the Ck10 is easily more 3D/Immersive but for an earbud the charm is quite good.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Thanks, I will try to wait for your review, but as rawster points out they are very tempting, especially considering I don't have any iem's now and they ship within Canada.

as far as I'm concerned, as-charm is available on ebay by a Singapore dealer and a UK dealer. buyers therefore can choose the most appropriate seller for them depending on delivery time, custom clearance or delivery cost.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 33

Exactly what im looking for, thank you very much.

Quote:
Quote:
comparison of as-charm soundstage vs ck10 pls..
i'd like to know how 3D or immersive it is. thanks.

It's difficult to compare an earbud to IEMs but in general I'd say that the CK10 is like a finely tuned precision instrument - it tells you where and how far away everything is without any room for guesswork. The Charm has pretty good depth and gives you a good idea of the plane in space where something is located but beyond that it's hit or miss. I'd say the Ck10 is easily more 3D/Immersive but for an earbud the charm is quite good.

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #20 of 33
 For $80 it seems to be a fantastic value and something I can be okay with taking outside.  I was very unhappy with the Pk1 and the OK1,as I felt the sennheiser MX series was just of a higher quality, especially the mx980 which blew all of them out of the water.  It was my bud of choice for a while.  

With significant amping, Im told the Charms scale up very well.  I hope they turn out to have a signature I can be happy with for a bit.  Heres hoping for a good experience :)

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
 For $80 it seems to be a fantastic value and something I can be okay with taking outside.  I was very unhappy with the Pk1 and the OK1,as I felt the sennheiser MX series was just of a higher quality, especially the mx980 which blew all of them out of the water.  It was my bud of choice for a while.  

With significant amping, Im told the Charms scale up very well.  I hope they turn out to have a signature I can be happy with for a bit.  Heres hoping for a good experience :)

Good luck! If I were an earbud person I'd be probably be able to enjoy the Charms as a reasonably priced go-to. $80 is a lot more reasonable than the $230 I'd have to pay for an OK1.

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 33
Ya, Im really on the fence about what to do.  I could be happy with the Sennheiser MX980 and nothing else.  I think my "addiction to headphones" and experiencing the new sound from new models is getting the better of me.  I think i should save the $80 and just stick with rebuying the mx980s, after that little disaster I had where I lost my set

maybe I can get someone to loan them out to me instead of me just buying them and knowing I will resell them soon after lol, ive been sitting here for a few hours thinking about it and i think it would be best to wait until someone i know picks them up and lets me try them out

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 33
hi
putting the design apart. how "similar" or "different do you find the MX471 to/from the meelec M11+, in SQ and signature?. or is there any iem similar to the 471

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
hi
putting the design apart. how "similar" or "different do you find the MX471 to/from the meelec M11+, in SQ and signature?. or is there any iem similar to the 471

Not very. MX471 is slightly warm, smooth, and laid-back. The M11 is really none of those things. Sennheiser's CX281 costs about as much as an M11+ and should match that signature better.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
Not very. MX471 is slightly warm, smooth, and laid-back. The M11 is really none of those things. Sennheiser's CX281 costs about as much as an M11+ and should match that signature better.

i was afraid to get that answer. the cx281 are too big and dont look comfortable for me. and also i alerady tried those regular common tips and they're really bad too (at least to my ears) no isolation. and local store prices are about ~$60
still, i might consider the M11 . i'd like to try all those tips with the RE0
btw, i find the mx471 pretty bassy , but controlled. with a good tbass-reble balance and a wide soundstage, and little laid back mids. a great earbud.
yeah, i'm not an earbud hater!

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #28 of 33
You know, I still carry the AS-Charm around with me for times when I simply cannot use an isolating IEM - such as when I'm at the car dealer waiting for my car to be serviced and I need to hear them calling me when my car is ready, etc.  I like the way they sound even at low volumes, and the soundstage is very nice.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #29 of 33

Quote:
You know, I still carry the AS-Charm around with me for times when I simply cannot use an isolating IEM - such as when I'm at the car dealer waiting for my car to be serviced and I need to hear them calling me when my car is ready, etc.  I like the way they sound even at low volumes, and the soundstage is very nice.

I use earbuds at work on occasion, when I know I'll be disturbed. That way physical contact is not necessary to get my attention and I don't have to scare my coworkers with the whole the grimacing-madly-while-removing-customs thing. Just got the HiSoundAudio PAA-1 again and it's still an impressive little bud. Very easy to listen to for hours on end, just as an earbud should be.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #30 of 33

Quote:

I use earbuds at work on occasion, when I know I'll be disturbed. That way physical contact is not necessary to get my attention and I don't have to scare my coworkers with the whole the grimacing-madly-while-removing-customs thing. Just got the HiSoundAudio PAA-1 again and it's still an impressive little bud. Very easy to listen to for hours on end, just as an earbud should be.

any chance of post some impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back