Sunglass-Fi?
Jul 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #271 of 414
No, not really. Swatch owns Omega. VW owns Bugatti. Doesn't mean that they aren't worth any more than their cheaper brethren.

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #273 of 414
What are some good sites to order sun glasses from?  Resellerratings isn't being much help and I see some that have these Maui Jims much cheaper, but have no idea if they're legit businesses.

Jul 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #275 of 414
I am a real fan of the Maui Jim's. Got in the car with them on. Wondered what all the dust in the air was ....... it was the dust on my windscreen - I just couldn't see the actual glass with the sunglasses on. The glass almost becomes invisible. Plus the fact that colours do actually look better and you get increased contrast. I wear mine all of the time now.

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #276 of 414
Thinking of using www.suntimeonline.com to buy them, only three reviews on Resellerratings but they're all 5 stars.  They are also one of the cheapest places, selling them for around $189 shipped.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #277 of 414
Damn it, Sunglasshut didn't have the Southshores in the mall.  Of course they wouldn't, since they're the ones I want.

Looks like I'm blindly buying them, depending on return policies.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #278 of 414
I have had some Oakley flak jackets in the past, also some prada sport sunnies.

At the moment I have Oakley 4-Legged Frogskins Violet Iridium

These were quite hard to find, but definitely worth it.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #280 of 414
Just got my MJ South Shores today, love them.

Question about the case if anyone else has Maui Jims, inside there's a little ledge that looks to press down on the arms of the glasses, I assume it's to keep them stable in the case and not flopping around.  I just want to make sure that's right, I don't want it to be pressing down on the arms if it's not supposed to be.

Sep 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #281 of 414

Quote:
And that company would be Luxottica, which owns the likes of Oakley, Ray-Ban and Revo as well as having partnerships to manufacture and sell for designer companies like Dolce&Gabbana. Just fyi.

Quote:
Yeah. Heard that 70% of all shades are made from same company. But if ur looking for polarized and no looks...then try shadesdirect

Luxottica hardly makes 70% off all the sunglasses out there. :wink:

They own a lot of the entry-high-end companies, but there are hundreds of other companies out there and not to mention the knockoffs!

On a side note, I recently picked up a pair of Oakley Inmates.

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #282 of 414
I just sniped a new pair of Ray Ban Aviators for 50$, those had been on my list for a long time. And for 50$ it didn't take me long to decide
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #284 of 414

Quote:
I own the cyclops Xmen oakley replica sunglasses but they do not come off their stand :wink:

I owned a pair of these as well, wore the things everywhere. They were by far the best pair of shades I've ever owned and fit perfect. Unfortunately someone stole them about a year ago. Needless to say I was a little pi$$ed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back