Sunglass-Fi?
Oct 18, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #331 of 414
i feel kind of stupid. i washed my lens cloth with warm water and set it out to dry. no more smudges. old cloth was dirty duh. the strange thing is it never affected polycarbonate lenses, just glass ones. i suppose there is an explanation for that but i don't know. if i just run the glasses under water and let them air dry they get little dots on them. my water is ok though.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #332 of 414
sorry for so many posts in this thread. i wanted to tell you guys. get a 3m microfiber lens cloth. omg, you will be glad you did. well, ymmv i don't know but i was really amazed. it is totally different than a regular microfiber cloth. between one and two dollars. wal-mart vision center has them.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #334 of 414
Serengeti for the win!  

RayBan's are good too.  I'm a bit of a sunglasses fanatic, so I have Serengeti Gio, Ronan, Vento, Aviators, Summit, and Ascani.  I also have RayBan Aviators, which are nice because they can fit into a pocket due to the soft case.  The Serengeti Aviators feel much more well built compared to the RayBans, however, I haven't had a problem with the latter of the two.  I've had Oakley sunglasses in the past, but haven't been particularly impressed neither by their build quality nor optical clarity--they completely busticated in the end. . .  I believe Serengeti have superior optics versus any other brand I've tried.  I've heard good thing about Costa Del Mar though, so maybe I'll try a pair of them out one of these days. . . gotta save some money for audio too, damn! =)

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #335 of 414
Ray-Ban Aviator glass lenses have clarity.  I have noticed that quality has slipped, with new frame not sitting flat on a flat surface.  This has occurred in Ray-Ban, Oakley and Serengeti.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #337 of 414
Yeah that might work.  
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #338 of 414
I went to the local oakley dealer to check for a Flak Jacket. I loved my Half jacket before i lost it and the flak jacket looks nice too.
When i had it in my hands it felt flimsy and wobbly. I ordered a polarized Straight jacket instead
cool.gif
It feels more sturdy, larger lenses and 30 euro's cheaper.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #339 of 414
i am done with glass lenses once again. too hard to clean,keep clean and too heavy. superior optics? maybe but i can't even really tell. i think stuff like oakley and bolle have gotten neck and neck with their polycarbonate. heck, oakley makes $1,000 glasses out of it. i doubt it could be crummy optical quality. possibly glass is a few percent clearer but i see why my glass lenses are usually on the shelf once again. plus i find the coatings on glass actually scratch easier than poly! just the opposite is always said by the manufacturers of glass lenses. it is the coating that can scratch with even a microfiber cloth not the glass itself. of course ymmv. i am once again a fan of lite all plastic sunglasses. i seem to go through this every few years and end up back where i started. of course i am sure poly has come a long way in the meantime anyhow. plus stuff like spring hinges and such just serve to make the glasses heavier as well. good simple half jacket or whatever suits me the best.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #344 of 414
I have had 2 different pairs of the Oakley Half Jackets and I loved them.  Unfortunately, both were lost.  Glasses like those are no longer within my budget so I just have cheap ones.

May 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #345 of 414
all Oakleys back left: Jupiter Squared....front left: X-metal polished Juliet.....back right: Pit Bull.....front right: Splinter.....Front center: Plaintiff

Back: Jupiter Squared             Front: Polished Juliets

Back: Pit Bull      Front:  Splinter

Wearing my Juliets
Looking for some X-Metal XX and Romeo II

Users who are viewing this thread

Back