Sundara balanced on Zen DAC - very loud!
Jul 26, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #31 of 37
Little pricier than $35 hart audio but 10 year warranty is impressive. And it seems higher quality.
It is frickin awesome cable... Tons of details across the spectrum. I was guessing why my M11Pro is still more detailed comparing to D50s and CAN\A50s stack and this was untill I plugged this cable :)

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #32 of 37
I'm burning A50s in now for couple of days and ordered some great RCA cables which shall arrive in 1 hour, as well as P50 power supply for topping before I give it up :) will do another AB in couple of hours and can report, but P50 will arrive only on Wednesday
Did you have a chance to try A50s with P50 yet? 😎 Is Zen Can still winner? ☺️

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #33 of 37
Yes, still testing :) P50 changed my D50S quite a lot, it got less clinical and with A50 the P50 improved the stage to fairly tolerable level, it calms treble a bit and softens the bass notes not in quantity but makes them more analogue. However, the stage is still not on the level of CAN especially in depth. A50s bass slams a bit deeper with my most flat and resolving Mogami audiophile series cable. CAN is still warmer, it has more focus on mid bass and has truly magical, more forward mids while A50 is very linear in comparison. If I had HD650 or 660s I would prefer A50 but with Sundaras it would also depend on your DAC tuning and interconnect cables as they can also make a significant tonality difference. I'm going back and forth on the same tracks and A50 is great but to me it is lifeless comparing to Can :)

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #34 of 37
I am glad your setup works well. I decided to back order Magnius\Modius stack and figured out for "extra bit of warmth" I will get software EQ to change frequencies. This way if I get somebody different headphones that are warmer, I have better pair of desktop dac/amp to pair with.

For my hip-dac I ordered Tin P1 planar magnetic IEMs and got balanced MMCX 4.4mm cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back