Summer Montreal meet, August 14th
Jun 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #46 of 130
The meet will be held from the time we can get into the room to the time we have to leave it in order to maximize the time we can be together as well as the costs of the room. If you think we start the meet too early, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time later on to listen to everything. Usually, Cegeps rent their rooms from around 8-9 am to 6-7 pm. I'll send each cegep an email to figure out what are the conditions at each place.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #48 of 130
I'll be there on 14th august. I may bring HD580 and Linn Genki. If the place is not far from McGill, I may bring some more.

See you guys.
darthsmile.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #50 of 130
I will try to come but I may be on vacation. I won't know until a couple of weeks.

I would bring : HD800, T1, HF2, MAD Ear+HD, Goldpoint HP Pro + six pack of Dr Pepper.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #51 of 130
Almost sure I'll be there. Less sure is what I'll bring... Will depend how far the meet will be from downtown.
I may bring :
- Beta 22
- Audio GD REF1
- earsonics SM3
- HF2 recabled
- WooAudio 2 maxxed, K701 and HD650 if they are not sold by then

Promised, if I can't bring that pretty heavy stuff, I'll do a mini-meet at home !

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #53 of 130
I'll attend on the fourteenth of August, which seems to be the agreed-upon date.

The Buffalo is being shipped as I type this, so it should be ready for the meet.

As to location, I'm still happy to have it at my flat, which is fairly downtown (Dr. Penfield). As there was mention of CEGEPs, I will enquire with Dawson (also fairly downtown), where I'm a night student, if there is a desire.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #57 of 130
I have just recieved a balanced hd600 cable (that I bought from the same guy who made my AD2000 cable) and a xlr --> 1/4" adapter so I can balance my ad2ks and still use them on SE amps.

So far, no answers from the cegeps, I'll try phoning them tomorrow. 

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #58 of 130
You will see, in balanced it's different. I guess it's an improvement if you want bigger soundstage, a bit more bass and highs. If you like to keep the soundstage front of you, you will have a small deception because it's coming more each side of your ears. It's not so terrible btw.

With my HD650, I got less coloration this manner (in balanced) and it's a nice compromise between the big soundstage of the HD800 and the intimate soundstage of a HD650 SE.

Try a HD650 if you have a chance to hear a good unit (they not all the same ... it's pretty annoying).

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #60 of 130
Okay, I got us a room!

The meet will take place at Cegep de Rosemont in room A-435. The room is 75$ for the day so we'll see how much everyone has to pay right before the meet, but so far it seems like 5-7$ a person. The room will be ours from 8 am until..... now that's weird. She told me usually the room has to be cleared by 7 pm, but she also told me that since the room won't be used after 7pm so we can use it until about 9pm. I don't know if you guys want to be there absolutely at 8 in the morning but I think being there early will give us more time to chat and still have some quality listening. 

Here is the confirmation from the room coordinator:

Code:
 Re-bonjour, Je vous confirme la réservation de la salle de classe A-435 pour le Samedi 14 août, toute la journée. Je vous fais parvenir, dans les prochains jours, la facture d'un montant de 75 $ taxes comprises. Merci de bien vouloir nous faire parvenir le règlement au plus tard le Vendredi 13 août. Passez une belle fin de journée! Au plaisir, Carine BOULLIER Agente de bureau à la Direction des affaires étudiantes et des communications Collège de Rosemont 6400, 16e Avenue, Montréal (Qc) H1X 2S9

The Cegep is fairly easy to reach using public transit. The room we have is a regular classroom so we should have plenty of space to put setups, easily accessible power outlets and room to switch gear quickly.

If you could tell us what time you would join the party that would be nice.

Hoping to see all in august!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back