Summer Montreal meet, August 14th
Jul 18, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #76 of 130
Il n'y a rien de 100 % certain mais tu peux m'ajouter à la liste quand même.

Gear :

TC Electronics Konnekt 24D
Soha II
Grado HP2

Excellent setup qui va me suffire pour un bon bout, son tight et smooth.

Quote:
Julien, est-ce que tu vas être présent au meet? Et avec tes HP-2 j'espère...

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #78 of 130
At the end, I don't know what I'll bring...
My dacmagic is on sale
My WA2 is also on sale . By the way if one of you is interested...
Same for my K701...
I received my REF1 Dac and there is just no way i'll come with this crazy heavy thing ! but it sounds crazy good too !
Maybe my b22 will be done by then but I must say I've been too lazy these days.... c'mon ! it's summer !

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #79 of 130
Unfortunately I'll be working until 5pm, I would love to come by if peple decide to stay later than 6.

I don't know what you guys would like me to bring, I have no amp of particular interest, but working for a boutique I would be able to bring a few cans which are not all that popular here.

I'll list what's availlable to me and tell me if there is any interest:

The whole sr line from grado
Sennheiser hd-280, hd-380, hd-25, hd-555, hd-595
B&W p-5
The srh shure line as well as their whole in-ear line

Now keep in mind I don't have a car and around 3 cans would be what I'd feel comfortable bringing.

Jul 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #80 of 130
From the responses so far, I'm sure there will be people that stay longer since some of us can't make it before the end of the afternoon and there is plenty of stuff to be heard by then. I'd be personally interested in hearing the B&W, the hd-25 and shure 840 phones since I haven't had the chance to listen to them and they all seem like good buys in the portable/closed hifi cans.

And my twinhead won't be fixed by the 14th
mad.gif
. Too bad since I really think it would be a killer amp without the hum. Anyway, I will have two working amps to bring: HB1 and Einar vc-01i. For people who haven't been convinced by the HB1, wait until you listen to it with hd600/hd650, you're in for a treat! I guess the dt990/600 will also be awesome with it. My ad2000 should be re-terminated to 2x 3-pin XLR as well.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #81 of 130

Quote:
From the responses so far, I'm sure there will be people that stay longer since some of us can't make it before the end of the afternoon and there is plenty of stuff to be heard by then. I'd be personally interested in hearing the B&W, the hd-25 and shure 840 phones since I haven't had the chance to listen to them and they all seem like good buys in the portable/closed hifi cans.

And my twinhead won't be fixed by the 14th
mad.gif
. Too bad since I really think it would be a killer amp without the hum. Anyway, I will have two working amps to bring: HB1 and Einar vc-01i. For people who haven't been convinced by the HB1, wait until you listen to it with hd600/hd650, you're in for a treat! I guess the dt990/600 will also be awesome with it. My ad2000 should be re-terminated to 2x 3-pin XLR as well.

I second this so we could try the HD600/HD650 aftermarket cables on them.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #82 of 130
Alright well I'll work my magic and get those to the meet as soon as I can get out of there!

Maybe having someone's phone number just to make sure that I won't be getting to an empty room would be sweet, anyone thinking of going until the end and comfortable passing along their phone number hit me up with a pm.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #83 of 130

Quote:

I second this so we could try the HD600/HD650 aftermarket cables on them.

I think the HD25-1 are the phones I've owned for the shortest amount of time, I put them back for sale less than a week after I received them. They had the stock cable though, so I'd be curious to hear them again with a HD600/650 cable.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #84 of 130

Quote:
I think the HD25-1 are the phones I've owned for the shortest amount of time, I put them back for sale less than a week after I received them. They had the stock cable though, so I'd be curious to hear them again with a HD600/650 cable.

Le stock cable n'est même pas en cuivre ni même en SPC, il est en fer, EWWWWW.

Juste changer le cable ca fait une grosse différence, je m'en rapelle très bien, treble plus smooth, moins de sibilance et une meilleure basse.

Jul 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #86 of 130
I've recieved the invoice for the room : 75$ including taxes. I have to pay it by personal check so everyone who attends will have to repay me at the meet. Those who come should expect around 5$ per person.

I am on the fence of buying a marantz tt-15s1 turntable and put my clearaudio aurum beta S cartridge on it.... Still deciding if I put the trigger on it or not.

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #87 of 130
Bad news: I won't be buying the marantz...... But I've got some new killer records to bring to the meet : Electric Ladyland on 180g re-issue, Master of Puppets (mo-fi re-issue), Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott, and some other cool stuff.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #89 of 130
The Buffalo II DAC came and I soldered it. But there are four important resistors missing. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I told this to TPA and Brian has sent them --- but will they get here in time? If not, they'll arrive just a few days late.

Pray to the postal gods! Pour libations of stamp glue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back