Summer meet Columbus (westerville) meet 2013
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
Lets do this again Had such an awesome turn out last time

I decided to put another meet up this time with some warmer weather

So I do like social aspect of these meets, and I would like to continue this trend the gear and new music is just a plus so for every one take that in to consideration as well.

So this is my official thread for my Third meet in Westerville, Ohio.

Rules and regulations or SOPs for this meet

This is a private Home and the place that I live, Treat it as such and how you would like to have your guests act.

alcohol is definitely permitted but be over the age and be responsible with it

I will not provide you food and drink so either bring your own or money, where i live there are more then plenty of places where you can order from or go to (good places).

Other peoples gear need to be treated as if it was your grandmothers, do not drop,bang,slam,mess around with things that are not yours if you would like something changed or what not, please ask the owner. Please be respectful to all that are here not just the host.

I have huge patio so if you smoke take it outside.

Plan on having an awesome day with music and fellow nerds/geeks.

as an added bonus there will be very high speed wifi available for use as well.

You do not have to bring a lot of equipment a simple amp or laptop and your headphone is fine. Everything is welcome though.

If you can please car pool as I have limited parking

The date will be the 20th of July 2013 This will not change again at least for this meet.

Time for the Meet is  9am till 8-9pm or later

If you are interested please IM me directly with what you are bringing and your first name, and you will get the address.

I will update this post with the list.

Please let other Ohio people know about the thread.

Also let me know if there is some events during the meet that we could do, like the blind cable test we did last time that was interesting.

Coming
01. lordtirs - Dt770 pro 80ohm, Magnum v4 wooden cups, Classic sr80 wooden sleeves, modi, magni
02. SouPKnowva - HD598 Audio-Gd nfb 1.32
03.  Zub-a-Roo -  Audio Technica ATH-M50,AKG K701,Sennheiser HD650,Denon ATH D2000,Neco Dual Portable,Darkvoice 336SE,Denon 2900 Universal Player,Monster Power HTS5000, PS Audio Noise Harvester
04. Punnisher  - Audio Technica ESW9,Beyerdynamic dt880 Edition 250ohm,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro 250ohm,Beyerdynamic dt220 (400ohm),AKG -k702,k601,270,K240 Sextett MP,K240 Sextett LP,K240 Studio (port tune mod),K240 Monitor,K141 (Silver 1st Gen),Grado sr325i, JDS Labs - Objective2,Meier Audio - Corda 2move,Ray Samuels Audio - Tomahawk,Millet SS tube hybrid,Sony DVP-NS500V sacd player
05.  MermaidMan - D5k and D1
06.  Krunchylex - hd650 valhalla turntable and music fidality phono stage
07.  tus-chan - stax 303 and little dot 1 and high end tubes

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 26
Id throw the date up in the title of the thread.

as for what im bringing, all i have is a pair of sennheiser hd598s and i guess i could bring my Audio-GD NFB 1.32, which is my dac. I dont have a heapdhone amp but i can bring those!

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 26
Forgive the intrusion, but I happen to be in town from the east coast and might have some time tomorrow. Any good headphone establishments in the downtown area? I'm at the Hilton (across from the Columbus Convention Center).

Thx for your indulgence

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:
Forgive the intrusion, but I happen to be in town from the east coast and might have some time tomorrow. Any good headphone establishments in the downtown area? I'm at the Hilton (across from the Columbus Convention Center).

Thx for your indulgence

Not any that i can think of i wish there was but i doubt many people would go there to often

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 26
OK, thanks anyway.
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 26
I would have said Progressive Audio on High Street, not far north of you, up at OSU campus, but they freaking closed.  They had a third floor set up with a Spektral/Avalon, 100% acoustically treated room that was something to behold.  Wilson Maxx, huge VPI turntables.  Great gear.  Closed.  Blame it on the ipods...

I can't think of any place other than something like Guitar Center and Sam Ash, none of which are close to downtown.  There's a record shop on Gay street if that's you thing.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 26
I will see how busy I am, if I am working that Sat (I don't normally, but I do PRN so I'll have to check my schedule), I sold off most of my cool full size headphones, but I've got a couple of things that might be of interest...

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 26
I am definitely interested (posted in your other thread too). I may be able to bring a friend who is a fellow audiophile as well. Some gear I can bring:

Audio Technica ESW9
Beyerdynamic dt880 Edition 250ohm
Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro 250ohm
Beyerdynamic dt220 (400ohm)
AKG K702
AKG K601
AKG K270
AKG K240 Sextett MP
AKG K240 Sextett LP
AKG K240 Studio (port tune mod)
AKG K240 Monitor
AKG K141 (Silver 1st Gen)
Grado SR325i

JDS Labs - Objective2
Meier Audio - Corda 2move
Ray Samuels Audio - Tomahawk
Millet SS tube hybrid

Sony DVP-NS500V sacd player

Of course I know space is limited so I will probably simplify this list. If there's any gear you see here or in my profile you'd like to audition just let me know.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #13 of 26
Be there!  I'll be bringing my EHHA rev.a that I mostly finished today.   One of the e12 boards is faulty and I have some minor hum but it still sounds great.  Also be bringing a Cal. Audio Icon CD player, y1/y2 dac, and my HD600 headphones.  

Unfortunately,  I can only stay until 1:30 or 2:00.  Commitments.  Any other Cincinnati people going?

Jim
P.S.  Email me  your address again.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 26
Hey guys, I'm a 50/50 possibility.  My prior plans are probably now nixed, so I might make it out.

Sony DVP-9000ES CDP, DNA Sonett, Senn HD 800, 700, and 600 and a stack of CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back