Suitable Trance Headphones
Mar 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #18 of 21
I bought my Grado SR325is mostly for rock and was surprised how well they sound with trance/psychedelic stuff. I listen to a lot of Infected Mushroom and got the Vicious Delicious album in FLAC and It's been so fun to listen to. I can't get these things off my head.

The sound is so detailed an aggressive. I don't know how to explain the bass end but it works for me.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rault /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see there are no good options available at this price range... so what are the best headphones at a price of maximum 70 $? I found Grado SR60 at this price.

I don't think the SR60 would be a good option (dunno about the higher models, but again out of price range). They are good for rock, where soundstage is not that important. You may find the bass lacking, too.

Can't give you no input on the PX100's but if you can get the Koss portapro's they'll be perfect for you IMHO.
One warning- they're butt ugly.
Some may like their retro looks though.
They were first relesed in 1983 and no one ever truly came up with a better portable at this price range.
Another good option that you can't really go wrong with, is the Koss KSC75, which are similar sounding and are extremly popular around here.

Dunno how much the ksc75's cost in Europe but down here in Israel they are way to overpiced compared to the rest of the world (50$). So I got them for 14$ on ebay.
You should be able to find them at around 20$ in a local store mehopes.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #21 of 21
I like Sennheisers eh 350 for trance (I listen same music as you). They are forward sounding, neutral and with tight bass.

Compared to PortaPro they have much better mids, excellent vocals, overall sound clarity and detail. They are less comfortable tho
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back