Suggestions on My First Custom Mold?
Feb 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tarcalion

Head-Fier
I was planning to start off by buying some more or less high-end universal-fit IEMs like the Triple.Fi 10 and maybe something from Westone, and perhaps finish my portable audio journey with the amazing (or so I've heard, no pun intended) JH Audio JH16 Pro.

However, jumping straight from a three-way or even four-way universal to eight drivers in each earpiece seems a bit strange. So my question is if there is a good custom mold IEM with between four and eight drivers that could serve as my first custom mold? I was thinking maybe something from Ultimate Ears, JH Audio or Westone.

Of course this is a bit in the future and I don't want to go 'budget' - I'll splurge for quality, but obviously this IEM shouldn't cost more than the JH16.

So ... any suggestions?
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 6
1. More drivers don't mean better sound.

2. IF u mean "between four and eight drivers that could serve as my first custom mold" a no-high class customs, AND
you have intensions of buying a high class customs in the future, a would suggest to skip the first part.

3. JH16, ES5, UM3pro, UERM are all in the same boat, although they've different number of drivers.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 6
OK, if I put it this way then: I want a custom-mold IEM that's better than the Triple.Fi and less pricey than the JH16.
wink.gif
Any suggestions? I can't seem to find a lot about slightly less high-end customs.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back