Suggestions on how to print this? Input please!
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CaseJ

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on how to accomplish what I'm trying to do. To make a long story short, I want to be able to take a picture of a tray of rings that are all facing up, than print it on to a two-way sticky paper than some how be able to pull one picture off a sheet of pictures of different rings and stick them to job envelopes. I realize this is kind of a crazy question, but I'm currently hand drawing all the rings that I take in (I'm a jeweler) which is really time consuming. So if I could take a quick snap of thirty rings in a tray than peel them off and stick them to different jobs would help out a lot. I'm up for any suggestions!

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 3
Not a crazy question at all, and I think that's a pretty good idea for handling a lot of rings.

The simplest way to go about it is to visit Office Depot or Staples and buy letter-sized (or close) stickers. They should have ones where the sticker is an entire 8.5"x11" sheet or close to it.

Take the photo and then resize the photo to fit a letter sized page, then print it out on the full page sticker. Then I'd just cut up the sticker page with scissors and stick them on the envelopes.

You might be able to come up with a more complicated method of printing on individual labels, but that would take a lot more setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back