Suggestions for WA33 alternatives / TOTL tube amps
Jun 10, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #31 of 33
I did what I should have done from the start and save money Just buy WA5 LE and then add WA234(in my dreams). Found the WA33 not enjoyable for it wasn't musical yeah it's more detailed but that only last so long. I only learned this from talking to Mike over at Woo so I bought the upgraded WA5 LE about 5K and I'm happy I got rid of the the Standard and Elite( Kicking myself for not buying the 234 when I had the money). Last the freakin Wells Audio Dragon level 3 Fing beautiful.
Interesting, could you elaborate onwhy 234 should be better? Is it the tubes? What was your DAC pairing when you had WA33? When I spoke to Mike, he told me that he recommends WA33 over 234 for Abyss, strange!. Also, how did you find WA33 Standard vs Elite and did you have JPS wiring or upgraded tubes on it?

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #32 of 33
Managed to talk a dealer into lending me Viva Egoista 845 headphone amplifier, as there is no way I can get WA33 nor AIC-10 for home listen. Will have to drive to Germany though, 250km just to pick it up / drop it back off. What I won't do for head-fi, haha. Now waiting for a unit to become available.

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #33 of 33
Interesting, could you elaborate onwhy 234 should be better? Is it the tubes? What was your DAC pairing when you had WA33? When I spoke to Mike, he told me that he recommends WA33 over 234 for Abyss, strange!. Also, how did you find WA33 Standard vs Elite and did you have JPS wiring or upgraded tubes on it?
It could be due to the SET of the 234 and WA5LE versus the push pull design of the WA33.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back