Suggestions for USB sound card (NO breakout boxes)
May 23, 2007 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Telix

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a USB sound card for my laptop, as the one on the mainboard is truly awful. I don't want any fancy breakout boxes or anything, just something that can output sound over a line-out to go into my Hornet. I primarily use my iPod, but would like something nicer for streaming media and accessing my Jinzora server.

May 23, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 8
It's not USB, it's PCMCIA - but look at the Echo Indigo cards, they're the smallest ones for laptops and have excellent audio quality (24bit/96kHz, Motorola DAC). The Indigo DJ model has an amped headphone-out and a true line-out. I've been using it for years, I love that card.

May 23, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 8
I use the PCMCIA slot for my memory card reader quite often, but it's an option. I'd prefer to keep it cheap, too, as I primarily will be using the iPod.

May 23, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 8
M-Audio Transit USB - I've had it for less than 24 hours and I already love it.... so much better than my laptop's stock crap!

May 23, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Telix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the PCMCIA slot for my memory card reader quite often, but it's an option. I'd prefer to keep it cheap, too, as I primarily will be using the iPod.

Hmm... you probably don't use a card reader as often as an audio card. Maybe get some $10 USB card reader instead of the PCMCIA one, and save the slot for the audio card.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Does the M-audio transit have a line-out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back