Suggestions for Triple.fi repair??
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vinman

Head-Fier
I posted a wanted ad in the FS section earlier, but hope someone in here may have an idea, as well.

I've got a pair of UE Triple.fi that I love dearly. A few weeks ago, the housing on the left side separated at the glued seam. My initial plan was to get a good quality 3M gasket material and glue it back together. Now the part has gone missing. The half with the flange where the foam tip goes is the part I need.

I got these before UE was purchased by Logitech, and the one time I needed service, UE was great. Logitech is the polar opposite. I can't even get an understandable response, much less actual service. I am stuck in what seems to be an endless loop of back and forth emails that have no information. Literally. I can't seem to find a contact phone number. I need a part that probably costs about .15¢ to manufacture to repair a $400 set of earbuds that are currently useless.

Anybody have any suggestions? I miss my earbuds...

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 5
If you're out of warranty, then you may be out of luck.

Are the drivers and the crossover wiring still intact? If they are, you may want to consider reshelling your TF10s into a custom shell which should preserve them.

I would recommend you look at sites like Unique Melody which offer a reshelling service for a fee, though you will need to get a set of ear impressions taken. If the hassle of such a procedure is too great, then I think you may have to get another pair of TF10s, which you can get for around 200+ USD if you look around. Something to note as well is that the total cost of shipping and the reshelling fee at certain companies may equal the price of a new set of TF10s anyway.

My TF10s broke exactly the same way yours did a couple of months ago, so I feel your pain ):

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 5
I hadn't thought about reshelling them - that's an idea worth considering. It really sucks that Logitech won't put the effort into providing any real level of service. I don't expect a free repair, just a part or paid repair would be great. I can even get anyone to answer the question of whether or not they can provide the part!

One thing is for sure - I'm done with Logitech. HP did this to me about three years ago with a pro series photo printer, and I've managed to avoid any more of their products. That'll show 'em :p

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 5
As an alternative Fisher Inearz are a bit cheaper than um and in the states as well.

Cheers

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 5
+1 reshell with Fisher/Inearz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back