Suggestions for pair of headphones around 700 dollar range.
Jul 2, 2018 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cerebrum2045

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am looking for a good pair of music/movie headphone around the 700 dollar range.
I would prefer closed back as I do not like leaking audio and I have many computers with fans running.

My current headphones include: the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohms for music/movies and fun. (also own a pair of akg k701 for competitive gaming) and I power them using a xonar stx essence I sound card.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Check out the Fostex headphones at Massdrop.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 7
The ZMF Blackwood is my favorite fully closed headphone by far. Incredible bass extension and impact, lovely mids, less flawed treble than most, customizable sound via bass ports that can be plugged or unplugged, good comfort and great build quality.

Jul 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Update: I have tried the cascades the bass kicks hard but is refined enough to not lose details. However, the comfort of the headphone was not to my liking. Decided to go with a used pair of ZMF eikons instead.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 7
Update: I have tried the cascades the bass kicks hard but is refined enough to not lose details. However, the comfort of the headphone was not to my liking. Decided to go with a used pair of ZMF eikons instead.

I predict you will be in awe!

Jul 17, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Just so you know I would not call the Eikons fun they are awesome but not in the fun category they are more neutral but with great mids and highs but not real big on bass. This is not a bad thing but just advising you I would not call them fun just awesome one of my favorites that I don’t own ... yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back