Suggestions for next cans
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hoskoau

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for suggestions of the next set of cans to purchase. I currently have Akg K550s and K712 Pros powered by a Modi Multibit and Asgard 2. Not looking to bust the bank and don't mind second hand.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 8
What are you looking for relative to what you have? Closed/open, more detail or warmer etcetera?

What is the budget?

Aug 13, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #4 of 8
Perhaps something a little more relaxed with a bit more bass. More for relaxing on the couch.

I'm just open to other suggestions too, it's hard to know what you are missing without hearing it first.

Aug 13, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 8
I’d try the Sennheiser HD600/650/6XX series as a good but different companion to the AKG. Warmish, relaxed but high quality.

The 6XX can be found cheap (well, because it was already cheap on sale) in the FS section.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm just open to other suggestions too, it's hard to know what you are missing without hearing it first.

Well, can't you tell what seems off about your music? Like hollow-sounding bass drums, or barely audible and imprecise bass guitars that just sounds like putting all the notes into a blender, weak vocals, sharp vocals and cymbals, etc?

If you can't tell what seems to be off it's going to be hard to guess what needs to be improved on, especially since no headphone has a perfectly flat response (not even speakers), so what is likely to happen will be compromise - fix a couple of things and you lose out on one thing.

Perhaps something a little more relaxed with a bit more bass. More for relaxing on the couch.

HD650

Aug 13, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 8

Try the X2 plenty of bass and very very comfortable. I wear mine for hours at a time and forget that I am wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back