suggestions for adheasing an amp to an iPod
Sep 14, 2007 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest how to adhease an amp to the back of an iPod nicely to not damage the amp, or the iPod. I am thinking of a velcro solution, as I do not want the amp on the iPod at all times... sometimes I go running and don't want to take the amp, sometimes I just wanna shove the iPod in my pocket... etc.

There is a BSE on the iPod, so it won't be applied directly to the iPod, however I'd still like it to be able to remove from the BSE nicely without damage. The other end will be on my tomahawk.

Thanks!
George

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 9
i use white velcro dots (cause white ipod and silver cases), i have small ones for the smaller amps and larger ones for the bigger ones.

i had to remove them from my XM4 yesterday and they came off relatively easy with no hassle to the amp.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 9
What works for me: iPod in an Evo case - superglue velcro to the Evo and the velco on the amplifier side usually sticks well for the other side. This way neither iPod or amp. get marred and there is protection for the iPod.
I used aprox 5/8 to 3/4 squares in each corner.
IMG_0084.jpg

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 9
is "adheasing" a word??? Or "adhering"? Just curious. Velcro works for me too, esp. if you have more than one amp you'll want to "unadhere" the Ipod to use the other amp

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is "adheasing" a word??? Or "adhering"? Just curious. Velcro works for me too, esp. if you have more than one amp you'll want to "unadhere" the Ipod to use the other amp

oh i highly don't doubt that adheasing is not a word... i couldn't think of adhering
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to try and find some velcro around here

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 9
gynchis: just messin' with ya ol' son
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Mine is done this way so neither the iPod nor the amp have anything permanently stuck to them:

iPod in a RadTech Sleevz case
amp in an elastic wristband from the tennis store
velcro tape (hook side) stuck to the RadTech case with adhesive
the velcro hooks grab onto the wristband material very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back