Suggestion.
Nov 8, 2005 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

solidism

Head-Fier
I am going to india next month I probally stay there for 2 month,I was thinking which mp3 player should I get?

1.Ipod Nano ,4-GB

2.Sony Network Walkman NW-HD5 20-GB

3.iRiver H10 ,20-GB

4.HI-MD

5.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...onics&v=glance

This are my 5 choice,Not sure which to get cause, In india eletricity is 220 volt,will the ac adapter will work with 220 volt for- ipod mini , NW-HD5 , iRiver H10? Or should I get HI-MD player or Sony D-NS505 S2 Sports ATRAC Walkman Portable CD Player both use 2 AA battery.

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 15
You should take a look at the iaudio x5. That thing is awesome, my friend has it and I've played around with it, its a great hdd player. If your not wanting the x5 I say get the sony nwhd5 walkman. I've heard great things from it and the size looks good too as well as battery life.

Nov 8, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by c.you
You should take a look at the iaudio x5. That thing is awesome, my friend has it and I've played around with it, its a great hdd player. If your not wanting the x5 I say get the sony nwhd5 walkman. I've heard great things from it and the size looks good too as well as battery life.

does those 2 player work with 220 volt while chargeing?

Nov 8, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 15
If you don't need any frills (USB host, video, colour screen, etc.) I would go for the HD5. As a dedicated audio player, I think it really excels. However, if you're one who is really bugged by a background hiss-- stay away from it in that case.

The iAudio X5 is a nice choice, but the thing that really kills the deal for me is the lack of ID3 tag support.

Nov 8, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 15
Does any 1 know ac adapter works with 220 volt while charging for NW-HD5 and iaudio x5?that is my main question
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 15
They may probably not work, since, as you mentioned, different voltage requirements. Grab one of those travel adapters that includes a voltage switch for your DAP.

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
They may probably not work, since, as you mentioned, different voltage requirements. Grab one of those travel adapters that includes a voltage switch for your DAP.

where can i get that?

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidism
Does any 1 know ac adapter works with 220 volt while charging for NW-HD5 and iaudio x5?that is my main question
confused.gif

I can verify that the HD5's will work. It accepts 110-240v, I believe. The X5, I'm 90% sure should work as well, but you could always e-mail Cowon and find out. Or, nicely ask one of the Head-Fi members to check the sticker on their adapter.

Nov 9, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 15
D'oh! just realised you're probably posting from somewhere with 110V as standard... See in lovely sunny Engerland we have 240V. I'm pretty certain most of these players now ship with chargers that accept 110-240V, so 220V is fine. From my experiences over there, I would say take the HD5, as the battery life is phenomenal, and as the battery's removeable, you can take 2. I found that there was no guarantee of a power supply in many places I went to over there...

nick

Nov 10, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickd75
D'oh! just realised you're probably posting from somewhere with 110V as standard... See in lovely sunny Engerland we have 240V. I'm pretty certain most of these players now ship with chargers that accept 110-240V, so 220V is fine. From my experiences over there, I would say take the HD5, as the battery life is phenomenal, and as the battery's removeable, you can take 2. I found that there was no guarantee of a power supply in many places I went to over there...

nick

aight thx for the info man. what you mean by no gurantee of the power supply?battery might burn out?

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #14 of 15
I got another question If i transfer my music to Hd5 and go to my friend house i can trasnfer those msuic to his pc?can i get music from his pc to my HD5? movies, file, mp3 , other type of file then trasnfer to my HD5 then back to my pc ?

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidism
I got another question If i transfer my music to Hd5 and go to my friend house i can trasnfer those msuic to his pc?can i get music from his pc to my HD5? movies, file, mp3 , other type of file then trasnfer to my HD5 then back to my pc ?

No. Part of Sony's DRM is to turn the files (ATRAC or mp3) into a proprietary format (OMG) which is not transferable onto any other PC or MP3 player.

And yes, my point about power was that there often isn't any...

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back