Suggestion thread for BOSE corp. (No ranting or flaming pls)
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudhole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are doing very good. Their main market is not here. Look at this forum, how many members own bose? But look at the world outside, I believe most people know the name of bose, but they never heard about Sennheiser, AKG, beyer......

If everybody become to Head-Fi'er, what a woundful world?
k701smile.gif

I'd say Sennheiser is pretty well known and has been for at least 30 years. It's always the brand that came to my mind when I thought of quality headphones back in the 70s and 80s and I was pretty ignorant.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe! I think Bose knows exactly what they are doing, and they are doing good! Why should they change anything? The numbers speak for themselves.

Exactly! Bose know what they're doing. Have you read this story?

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 40
ATTENTION BOSE:

I have respect for Bose products and find the sound to be very unique. I believe in the philosophy that specifications mean nothing and sound means everything. However, I am unimpressed with the current flagship products that Bose offers. The 901 was industry changing, but that was 1968. The wave radio was a hit, but that was 1984. The quiet comfort made noise cancelling available to average consumers, 9 years ago. Bose has marked many spots in the audio industry in the past and gained a very good reputation that way.

My gripe with Bose is not pricing but the lineup of products it offers. A $4000 Lifestyle 48 might be nice for people seeking ease of use and small form factor. But for true passionate music lovers, these lifestyle systems fall short in detail, power, and are unfaithful to the original production. They sacrifice performance for convenience.

Bang & Olufsen is a great example of a luxury product that is considerd overpriced, but still retains high fidelity and respect amongst audiophiles.

What I want to see from Bose is a new flagship loudspeaker (or a 901 redesign) that will have the "innovative" impact that past Bose used to have.
Their consumer products are okay, but I feel like Bose is letting down the typical audio enthusiasts that have things like acoustically treated rooms, seperate amps, pre-amps and cables made purely for musical performance and fidelity. Bose USED to be a somewhat viable brand for audiophiles, but the competition has changed and evolved a whole lot and Bose simply strayed from the audiophiles and targeted consumers.

Bose should offer new flagship performance products that dont sacrifice performance for size, as well as retaining the smaller components that target the more average audio consumers. Price will NOT matter if the sound is truley impressive. Its not that the 901's or QC3's are bad. But we as audiophiles damand a more high performance (and expensive) product that is gonna make us go WOW. I feel the current lineup dosent provide this because the times have changed and competition has offered similar (if not better) but lower priced alternatives. Its that simple.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 40
Now go send that to their office and wait till it goes directly to the trash
biggrin.gif

They keep winning money, don't they? When they see they stop doing so they will change. Then let us see if that change is for good.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATTENTION BOSE:

I have respect for Bose products and find the sound to be very unique. I believe in the philosophy that specifications mean nothing and sound means everything. However, I am unimpressed with the current flagship products that Bose offers. The 901 was industry changing, but that was 1968. The wave radio was a hit, but that was 1984. The quiet comfort made noise cancelling available to average consumers, 9 years ago. Bose has marked many spots in the audio industry in the past and gained a very good reputation that way.

My gripe with Bose is not pricing but the lineup of products it offers. A $4000 Lifestyle 48 might be nice for people seeking ease of use and small form factor. But for true passionate music lovers, these lifestyle systems fall short in detail, power, and are unfaithful to the original production. They sacrifice performance for convenience.

Bang & Olufsen is a great example of a luxury product that is considerd overpriced, but still retains high fidelity and respect amongst audiophiles.

What I want to see from Bose is a new flagship loudspeaker (or a 901 redesign) that will have the "innovative" impact that past Bose used to have.
Their consumer products are okay, but I feel like Bose is letting down the typical audio enthusiasts that have things like acoustically treated rooms, seperate amps, pre-amps and cables made purely for musical performance and fidelity. Bose USED to be a somewhat viable brand for audiophiles, but the competition has changed and evolved a whole lot and Bose simply strayed from the audiophiles and targeted consumers.

Bose should offer new flagship performance products that dont sacrifice performance for size, as well as retaining the smaller components that target the more average audio consumers. Price will NOT matter if the sound is truley impressive. Its not that the 901's or QC3's are bad. But we as audiophiles damand a more high performance (and expensive) product that is gonna make us go WOW. I feel the current lineup dosent provide this because the times have changed and competition has offered similar (if not better) but lower priced alternatives. Its that simple.

Be sure to write a paragraph or so on price/performance ratio. And make sure they understand that by expensive you don't mean overpriced, but best in its class even at that high price.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 40
I used to think that BOSE was the "best" because I for one was tricked by there well designed showrooms. Good thing I found head-fi and avsforum and man did I just got hypnotized by those cheesy marketing all these years?! I was enlightened that BOSE products are uber priced and with their so-so performance, opted for other brands. I'm still interested in their Lifestyle series, those tiny satellites are meant not to be seen but not to be gnored either. I just hope they come into their right senses, (hearing and feeling), I mean 2 screwing grand dollars for a pair of s***?! C'mon I would even think twice if they come on sale for 50%! BOSE should cut their prices at least 1/3 to 1/4 to convince me.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #25 of 40
BOSE can't change their business. Their marketing tells you that money equals quality. So 2,000 for the 48 life system is 'worth' the premium. They need to keep the, we are high end cause we charge a lot veil on the uneducated consumer.. Lowering their prices would hurt their business' image.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATTENTION BOSE:

You find bloated bass and a congested mid range unique?

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who cares? There are already several good manufacturers for the audiophile market. They get our business and, obviously, Bose doesn't want our business. I don't lecture McDonald's on why I don't eat there, I just don't eat there. It doesn't bother me that others eat McDonald's and it doesn't bother me that people buy Bose.

I still think that Bose should be added to politics, sex and religion as a forbidden topic here. The threads always devolve into garbage. Simply put up a sticky explaining why Bose isn't to be discussed here and be done with it.

lulz I could tell you have been around here a while before even looking at your post count. Should be /thread imoimomio

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #28 of 40
Dear Bose,
Build your products better! If your gonna overprice your products please use higher quality materials.

I would also suggest lowering their price but they kind of prize themselves as the best of the best to the general masses, so lowering their prices might be admitting that there not the best...too the general public.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #29 of 40
I agree with everyone else that mentioned economics as the reason Bose is and always will be who they are...

Some people enjoy doing things because they are passionate about what they do, other are passionate about making money so "X" is what they do...

Bose falls into the latter. They are passionate about making money and found that their niche is to create products that to us are well overpriced and truly sub-par performance-wise.

there is nothing wrong with that, we are more passionate about how our music sounds than bose is about making high quality gear.

We live in a capitalist money before quality world, not one of artisans and tradesmen anymore, hence emphasis is bottom line, NOT bottom note

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am referring to an antiquated signature that hasnt made any sense since the Disco era, in which bloated, muddled, undetailed (almost ANTI-detailed) bass gives way to some of the world's most recessed mids. Sparkly highs make the phones exciting to be sure, but the overall metallic sound, coupled with completely incorrect timbres that make even a Stradivarius sound synthesized, kill the listening experience.

Disco headphones. Sounds good! The world needs more sparkly meallic-souding disco. ( Stradivarius is not disco. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back