Suggestion needed regarding headphone around 200$ budget, please help
Nov 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks a ton OMGLadyGaga  and all others for their views. I was looking for a opinion from those who actually own all of those & you seem to have perfect knowledge of it. I got a promotion going on for UE 6000 locally and grabbed it for 77$ which seems a steal price for that! I will give out my impressions in 3-4 days :) PS: Am looking to buy a FiiO E11 with the budget I saved in case 6000 suits me, an amp is worth purchasing in your opinion ?

No problem, thats a really good price. Those are good headphones, a definite step up from Pistons just hoping the bass will be enough. Do you really use +6 on pistons? Thats some serious bass! As for an amp, i think its best if you get the headphones first and try them out and see how they sound, when you turn them on they get pretty bassy and and treble gets a boost as well so that just might be enough, they also work turned off and the sound is more laid back more mellow but with still present bass, so its like having two different headphones really that you can switch between for different kinds of music if you like. I agree with cel, try it without an amp first on your clip and your pc and if you want more volume or bass or whatever we can work on finding you a good DAC for your computer

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 20
if u need more clarity, just snip off the foamcloth over the driver.. :p

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #18 of 20
I got my UE 6000 and listening to it the minute made me feel its the perfect match for me. Both signatures are awesome, with noise cancellation ON the perfect signature I intend for. Bass is perfect, don't think I'll need more, so skipping my thought to buy an amp.Even volume levels are pretty high! Instrument separation is amazing. Texturing in mids is just incredible. Very much comfy in the ear, comfort is top notch. With Cancellation OFF too a great balanced signature. For the money I spent, I guess this is a Bang for the buck imo.

Thanks a ton OMGLadyGaga, your suggestion suited me perfectly, I trusted your experience and glad it didn't let me down!

One more thing, how much often I have to replace the AAA batteries for cancellation ON? I would listen more keeping it ON and looking to buy some rechargeable AAA to keep the flow going :D

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 20
Glad you're enjoying them so far. Batteries last a while, i think UE says something like 40 hours but it might even be more than that, i think ive only changed them out once. Just dont forget to turn them off when you stop using them, ive done that a couple times :D

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #20 of 20
Great, thanks again for the clarification.

I tried listening with Sansa Clip Zip +6 bass EQ and honestly it blowed me away. The airiness, the bass was incredible and full & vibrations in ear with every snare beat, incredibly fun to listen to.  Close to how Sony XB series would sound like but with much better seperation and mids, can't believe how awesome the details are produced even with such bass levels!

I would like to buy an amp to boost bass on my desktop to match +6 bass EQ on Sansa. Will FiiO E6 be good enough ? Not looking to boost too much, maybe +1/+2, it is good enough with desktop too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back