Suggestion for a good (sports) IEM (with Android controls) under $100.
Aug 21, 2016 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ckhurana

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I had posted a question / thread a day back about the (lack of) performance of  the "Sennheiser - OCX 686G Sports".
The same were ordered after I had read excellent reviews on the "Sennheiser - OCX 686G Sports" here as well as on the wirecutter and bit the bullet earlier, but honestly the OCX seemed to be a BIG let down sadly :frowning2:
My verdict was that although the OCX was OK in sound for bass and design but the lows and treble seemed to be quite harsh.

I have thus sent them back to Amazon US for a refund.

Having previously owned the Brainwavz M2 which have been super great (but now are having frayed wires and may give up any day), I am searching for a similar quality pair of earphones (IEMs preferably) with mic and remote.
The use would be 1) with my jog routine 2) as well as casual at desk listening.

I wouldn't mind behind ear loops as long as they are comfortable.

My maximum cost is around $80.

Also, although I am writing in from India, I can order from Amazon US, so please share with me your suggestion!

It would be great of you guys if you could help me out!

And thanks for helping in advance!

Chetan

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi, the following recommendation's are purely from personal experience... Two companies that offer great build and price points are RHA and Trinity Audio Engineering. Use the search bar for more detailed info on the ranges that they offer. As far as i know you can purchase directly from their sites. RHA offer a three year warranty while Trinity offer free international shipping that may help push up your price range. Wishing you the very best.

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the reply there Voxie! These sure have good reviews but I would be challenged by making this true in my budget :)

Also, I need something compatible with Android and a bit resilient as well (something to help me listen during workouts).
Please do share any more thoughts if you can!

Thanks,
Chetan

Aug 21, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 8
Hi Chetan, Understand regarding budget. Again this recommendation is from personal experience... Check out a company called Rockjaw Audio. Their in ear monitor Alfa Genus V2 is compatible with IOS / Android and Windows Smart-phones. Unique feature on these iems is that they have interchangeable filters to tweak the Sq .Pricing is £44.95. Have the original version and by mistake left them in my shorts and put them in my washing machine. Still working perfectly!!

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 8
you can find a used pair of Fidlio s2 for like $60 but the new ones are like $100.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Hello!

Thanks for the replies here.

I am thinking if these would be comfortable and suitable for any active routines..?

My major usage would be for a long run as well as desk use.

Would look for -
1) Preferable behind ear hook design (memory wires?) so that the earphones do not slip out during activity!
2) low cable noise (microphonics?)
3) A good mic with controls for ANDROID (to change tracks while active);
4) Good bass, and as accurate soundstage as possible under $100

Again, the "sennheiser-ocx-686g" (which I have returned) had everything going for it (and what I needed) except the sound (the treble was very bad).

So any models around this setup would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

(Edit#1: added the mic!)
(Edit#2: Updated thread title to make more sense!)

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 8
  Hello!

Thanks for the replies here.

I am thinking if these would be comfortable and suitable for any active routines..?

My major usage would be for a long run as well as desk use.

Would look for -
1) Preferable behind ear hook design (memory wires?) so that the earphones do not slip out during activity!
2) low cable noise (microphonics?)
3) A good mic with controls for ANDROID (to change tracks while active);
4) Good bass, and as accurate soundstage as possible under $100

Again, the "sennheiser-ocx-686g" (which I have returned) had everything going for it (and what I needed) except the sound (the treble was very bad).

So any models around this setup would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

(Edit#1: added the mic!)
(Edit#2: Updated thread title to make more sense!)

get something like the 215 or m6 pro. They should never fall off your ear.

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 8
  get something like the 215 or m6 pro. They should never fall off your ear.

Can you get SE215's _with_ android controls for under $100?  From what I remember the cable with the controls is separate and not cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back