[Suggestion] Cowon EM1, SL ES18 & EP630
Jan 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GaNi

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have creative ep 630, Cowon EM1 and SoundMagic ES18 as my options and would like to know which could be perfect for my requirements. I listen to trap, 'steps and house a lot(typically a basshead) and main criteria is that these do not slip while I am working out(jog/gym).

Thanks

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Ep 630 is best.........it is neutral and smoother than other 2s.
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 3
I am not a bass-head but i need my bass.

All three iems give you super value for your money. All three are bass-head iems when it comes to their sound signature. And all three have good secure fit. I have owned both 630 and es18. Both have huge micro-phonics (sound you hear when the cable rubs against another surface), i find it seriously annoying. So i dont use them while exercising. I use soundmagic pl30 (rs 1500 proaudiohome) or jvc marshmallows fx34 (inr 600, out of stock currently in india). both pl30 and fx34 have very low micro-phonics, pl30 because you wear it around the ear and fx 34 because you have foam tips.

I have heard  to cowon_em1. The micro-phonics were the least due to the flat wire, but were still there. It was light and the built was good. I am planning to get one. I would strongly recommend jvc marshmallows fx34 but they are out of stock. You can also check out Sony mdr xb30 (inr 1400 snapdeal). Bass from mdr xb30 is powerful, punchy and sweet due to its huge driver casing, i suppose.

Conclusion: You buy any one , you still a winner. Get cowon em1 for exercise. Or get mdr xb30 if you can increase your budget. Still need more bass then get hippo groove (inr 1400 proaudiohome).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back