SUGGESTION: A Head-Fi chatbox/shoutbox
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ValSic

100+ Head-Fier
How bout a shoutbox/chatbox at the bottom where headfier's can just talk about w/e and hang out without posting in a thread? It can also reduce frequently asked questions by just asking where to find them in the shoutbox/chatbox.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about

(note that's below their forum,they also have a page for the full shoutbox version if someone plans to hang out for awhile.)

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I did, years ago, consider suggesting to Jude having an IRC channel (which can be accessed via a shoutbox-like system) for Head-fi, but at the time I considered that the forums have been around since 2001, and if such a thing were viable, it would already exist.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Who'd you bride, blackmail or perform unspeakable sexual acts to, to get a tag like that haha? I want one, but it'd have to be something that strikes fear in the hearts of men and sends juniors cowering in my presence. I'm gonna have to dig up some dirt on some of the mods.

Back on topic, I don't understand what you mean. All endeavours require effort and time and seeing users online isn't the point. Short, real-time posts that don't clutter the forums is.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Read http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532929/what-do-you-think-of-a-head-fi-live-chat-function if you haven't already.
I think what Jude said is the right decision (for now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back